Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Josiah Freeman (2020 SG)

BasketBull

38 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

If he decided to drop his commitment or signing it would definitely be news on Twitter, through him, his team and other UB sources. I haven’t seen anything about him transferring other than his HS

This. It would be news alone for him to ask for his release since he’s signed already 

36 minutes ago, 961819 said:

What did his Instagram story say since he doesn’t have a story right now

I can guarantee that I'd be all over any news I saw posted from Freeman. Although there doesn't seem to be a story, I don't want to discredit the fact that maybe he put something up quick? Why would that account come in here and lie about that? I hope we don't lose the guy. The whole switching schools and stuff thing is all too weird right now. 

That being send all he has to do is request a release, which always gets granted and the signature doesn't really mean any more than a verbal 

2 hours ago, 961819 said:

What did his Instagram story say since he doesn’t have a story right now

I saw him post recently they he was getting rid of some girls clothes and some UB clothes on his story. Also his commitment post/video is not on his page anymore. I haven’t seen anything on twitter about him not coming to UB but it does seem odd that on his Instagram

1 hour ago, BullsBacker23 said:

I saw him post recently they he was getting rid of some girls clothes and some UB clothes on his story. Also his commitment post/video is not on his page anymore. I haven’t seen anything on twitter about him not coming to UB but it does seem odd that on his Instagram

Something to monitor for sure. 

These kids live off of emotion(s). So i wonder if something happened that made him leave his HS and threaten his UB offer? 

I do know he was a Jenkins guy too

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Something to monitor for sure. 

These kids live off of emotion(s). So i wonder if something happened that made him leave his HS and threaten his UB offer? 

I do know he was a Jenkins guy too

He said he was a Thorpe guy I thought, unless that was Chanse. One of the two was Thorpe 

Everything’s probably fine, hopefully, maybe 

6 hours ago, Dabulls said:

If he decided to drop his commitment or signing it would definitely be news on Twitter, through him, his team and other UB sources. I haven’t seen anything about him transferring other than his HS

There aren't really any "UB sources" since Oats and Co left. Regular Joes sleuthing around stuff like this have turned up just as much news and content as any "source" this year. No one breaks news, interviews recruits, figures out new targets.

That being said, I don't think we should be good riddancing this kid yet. Let's wait and see. No reason to think that him maybe being unsettled at Paul VI is at all connected to us.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve searched social media, other fan forums, etc. and found nothing about about Josiah withdrawing his commitment. It’s a big decision and if it’s true that he has second guessed himself, he won’t be the first. 

He appears to be someone that will play as a freshman if he commits to playing defense. It’s clear this kid can shoot the three.

Go Bulls!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chet said:

I’ve searched social media, other fan forums, etc. and found nothing about about Josiah withdrawing his commitment. It’s a big decision and if it’s true that he has second guessed himself, he won’t be the first.

Why are we still talking about this when there was nothing there to begin with lol.

9 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

And here we go

Our biggest worry for one down year like this. 

We don’t have the buying power like Syracuse to be bounced from the 12-5 game in the MAC tournament. 

This kids want to play big time ball, we can’t sell them if we are losing multiple games to the conferences worst 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin said:

We don’t have the buying power like Syracuse to be bounced from the 12-5 game in the MAC tournament. 

This kids want to play big time ball, we can’t sell them if we are losing multiple games to the conferences worst 

That may be true, but given he left a top notch high school program to go to a school closer to home, I don't feel like his motivation was how UB performed this past season.   

I also sensed some hesitation when he initially committed.  As you may recall there was a tweet and then time elapsed before committing.  Maybe Bulls were never really a great fit for Josiah.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kevin said:

If chanse asks for his release or current players enter the protocol I'll worry. To me as soon as freeman went back home mid season something changed and to a point this should have been expected

2 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

If chanse asks for his release or current players enter the protocol I'll worry. To me as soon as freeman went back home mid season something changed and to a point this should have been expected

4 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

That may be true, but given he left a top notch high school program to go to a school closer to home, I don't feel like his motivation was how UB performed this past season.   

I also sensed some hesitation when he initially committed.  As you may recall there was a tweet and then time elapsed before committing.  Maybe Bulls were never really a great fit for Josiah.

We can look at it glass half-full from a UB perspective but the evidence is piling high of the contrary. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin said:

We can look at it glass half-full from a UB perspective but the evidence is piling high of the contrary. 

The kid left his top tier high school to go to a below .500 high school closer to home. I would bet that this is a personal issue, which I do not blame him for.

What evidence is piling high? He is the first decommit.