Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Josiah Freeman (2020 SG)

BasketBull

12 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Maybe history will repeat itself, the last time a player left a ub scholarship for another mac school it worked out pretty well

It worked out okay for Navigato too, since he set the MAC 3 point record. We got the better end of that deal though. 

13 hours ago, Bill said:

So much for staying close to home 

Big fish, small pond...maybe that's the motivation for leaving top ranked high school program, and for leaving a top MAC program and going to a mediocre MAC program. He wants to be top dog.

I concede being close to home does not appear to have been his motivation, but winning does not seem to have been his motivation either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

Big fish, small pond...maybe that's the motivation for leaving top ranked high school program, and for leaving a top MAC program and going to a mediocre MAC program. He wants to be top dog.

100%. No ill will towards him. This is just gonna be fun now. Adds juice when we play Western Michigan. As I said before in the spirit of fun, I hope he gets booed a ton when he comes to Alumni. And as others have said...last time something like this happened we landed CJ. And the way recruiting is looking we could be headed towards using that last scholarship for someone under the radar. 

36 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Are we entirely sure that his decommit was 100% his choice? His sudden departure from his high school team seemed to be immediately followed by a cooling of the relationship with UB. I wouldn't be shocked to hear there's more to the story. 

Right.

The funny part was when we said this in February we got blessed with the "he just wanted to stay near home, there isn't more here" crowd. 

RE: fish, ponds & winning. 
I think everyone wants to win.  But, I think some want to sustain a winning culture, and others want to create a winning culture.   Two very different situations IMO, and both have merit.  No ill will from me. 
Why did Turner Battle come to Buffalo?

6 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

RE: fish, ponds & winning. 
I think everyone wants to win.  But, I think some want to sustain a winning culture, and others want to create a winning culture.   Two very different situations IMO, and both have merit.  No ill will from me. 
Why did Turner Battle come to Buffalo?

Do agree. We  as fans really do not know all the facts and why players pick a school. Still curious on Western Michigan?? They are losing two seniors and not sure of transfers.They had a losing record in MAC at 6-12 and only averaged 2,000 home attendance. Does he know some of the players or the coaches and we never will know who these players are listening too  when making their decision. We will never know with the pandemic and all the uncertain times how this is affecting all these kids on making their decisions. Can only hope we can sign a player that can help us on the front  line that can help us both on the offensive and defensive end. Go Bulls!!!!

• 8 months later...