Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

U Albany Scrimmage

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

It does not count as a game.  Also coaches can sometimes stop the game mid play to coach.  Also possibly no refs.

Exhibitions dont count either right in terms of our record and everything right?  But they have refs so are more official?

4 hours ago, Gxtrex said:

Exhibitions dont count either right in terms of our record and everything right?  But they have refs so are more official?

They would have refs to call fouls, travels, etc.  If I remember correctly there have been refs in the past.  With the higher profile these games are receiving, though they don’t “count”, I would expect more and more to have refs 

A scrimmage is a game type practice with time on the clock, usually running time, with referees (always), with coaches typically getting their first unit 2-3 halves of play, the reserves 1-2 halves, usually only 1 and 1 free throws on all shooting fouls, coaches will sometimes stop the play either by calling a timeout or to point out something they want to emphasize. An exhibition game is like a scrimmage in that it has no effect on one's won/loss record, but is played under real game conditions. Coaches like both because one gives them greater flexibility and the other gives the team some real-game type prep in advance of the real thing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

I'll be on campus tomorrow for UB360 tours for my stepson. I'm damn determined to hear some scuttlebutt from someone in the know.

It’s closed and private. I technically am someone in the know but again it’s private until after it’s done.

Just following up here.  Does anyone know how the guys looked last Saturday?

This is going to be such an interesting year.  Certainly we will not win 32 games again, as I anticipate some early season growing pains, but you can't deny the talent level.  It might actually be higher than last year (*gasp*).  The biggest problem I see is a go-to scorer.  Maybe that's Graves, maybe that's Johnson, but I don't see someone who can get their own shot and carry the team when necessary, like CJ the past couple.

• Like 1