Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Rutgers, I Hope Not

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Currently at $615k (overall) at UB.

Ash was paid $2.2M at Rutgers and was second to last in salary in that league.

I would highly, highly doubt that LL would pass up such a big increase in salary and a big increase in opportunity to coach in a P5.  Of course, it is Rutgers so winning 6 games would be a big accomplishment.

$2.2M is life changing money.

42 minutes ago, UB92 said:

Currently at $615k (overall) at UB.

Ash was paid $2.2M at Rutgers and was second to last in salary in that league.

I would highly, highly doubt that LL would pass up such a big increase in salary and a big increase in opportunity to coach in a P5.  Of course, it is Rutgers so winning 6 games would be a big accomplishment.

$2.2M is life changing money.

Yes, $2.2M is life changing, but would it buy him much more in that area than his Buffalo $615k?

The Leipold to Rutgers chatter has been a popular Rutgers message board topic since early last season, especially after UB beat them.  But then we lose 3 of the final 4 and then with losses to Liberty, Miami and OU this season....many of the RU fans have jumped off the Leipold bandwagon.  They want someone more innovative and younger, who can attract the hot recruits.  I don't think they will really be targeting Leipold.  And I like Lance at UB.  He runs a good, solid, respected program here.  I hope he doesn't get swayed to leave.  

On 10/9/2019 at 12:17 PM, ChubbyHubby said:

Yes, $2.2M is life changing, but would it buy him much more in that area than his Buffalo $615k?

Absolutely. COL is low in Buffalo, but not that low.  I think NYC is roughly double, Piscataway is less than NYC.

There are some things about LL that I haven’t been totally happy with, especially halftime adjustments and getting the team to come out with a fire in the second half (or lack there of) but I’d still be upset to see him go. I really don’t want another coaching change and more “building a new system” which inevitably means a couple down years. Also many of us thought this year was going to be really really rough after all of the player turnover but we are sitting at 3-4 with a win over temple and an OT loss to Ohio. Yesterday’s win was ugly as anything and I think we play to the level of our opponents but I still think it’s very possible to get to 6 wins which is fine by me in a year we thought would be really really bad. LLs ceiling can be questioned but the floor is much higher than past coaches and I’m all for that. 

7 minutes ago, weareub46 said:

There are some things about LL that I haven’t been totally happy with, especially halftime adjustments and getting the team to come out with a fire in the second half (or lack there of) but I’d still be upset to see him go. I really don’t want another coaching change and more “building a new system” which inevitably means a couple down years. Also many of us thought this year was going to be really really rough after all of the player turnover but we are sitting at 3-4 with a win over temple and an OT loss to Ohio. Yesterday’s win was ugly as anything and I think we play to the level of our opponents but I still think it’s very possible to get to 6 wins which is fine by me in a year we thought would be really really bad. LLs ceiling can be questioned but the floor is much higher than past coaches and I’m all for that. 

I get what you're saying but wow, when I see games like the last two it makes me wonder about that entire staff. Are we that bereft of talent on offense or is it the playcalling? Thank goodness Akron is a complete dumpster fire. I was a little worried we were going to lose that game late.

What are the chances we win 4 if the next 5 and get a bowl? Slim to none?

5 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

I get what you're saying but wow, when I see games like the last two it makes me wonder about that entire staff. Are we that bereft of talent on offense or is it the playcalling? Thank goodness Akron is a complete dumpster fire. I was a little worried we were going to lose that game late.

What are the chances we win 4 if the next 5 and get a bowl? Slim to none?

I totally got the feeling we were going to lose the game too. We were just handing it to Akron but like you said we are lucky they are even more awful. I’m so conflicted with this team because they’ve shown flashes of playing extremely well. Winning 4 or 5 more I’d say pretty slim but even if we win say 2 more and end 5-7 that’s still a hell of a lot better than the 2-10 Quinn days