Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

CMU Game Time

verandaman

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like this UB team isn't that bad...but they're not that good either.  They're .500 now,  I can see .500 in the end.  Some days like today, and vs Temple, it seems like everything is bouncing right (and everything is bouncing wrong for the opponent).  The run defense was stout again; the offense took advantage of turnovers to build a first half lead; they were able to convert some third downs and run the ball effectively.  I think any team going against UB would do well to try shutting down the run and making them pass.  VanTrease is okay - he had a couple nice throws, like the TDs to the corners, and some where the timing is just not there.  And it's not all him, we've had better receiving corps before.  But they made fewer mistakes today than in other weeks.  Jaret "the Jet" Patterson is so shifty, he just keeps moving, he's not quite like Oliver but there are similarities.  CMU had one of those days - penalties, fumbles, heck that returner muffed TWO kick returns in the first half - TWO!  "You had ONE job!"  I mean, it's hard to win a football game when you turn it over five times.  Credit to UB for putting points on the board off of those.

Uh, where was everyone?  It was a beautiful day out (for late October).  I mean, I get it, attendance tends to erode as the season goes on, but they had a great crowd for homecoming a few weeks ago, I was surprised it was so much less today.

• Like 1

This team is just so inconsistent. I know 5-7, 6-6 and 7-5 are still completely possible and the 2 latter of those are what I would’ve considered a win before the season started but it’s just frustrating to see how well they can play at times thinking of what could’ve been if not for a missed kick etc. Too many times we do something great only for the next drive we watch either the offense sputter to a terrible 3 and out or the defense lets a team march 75 yards down the field in about 5 plays. 
I’m still feeling hopeful about the season and making it to a bowl game but it’s going to get harder next week. Hoping this team can get a signature road win. Akron doesn’t count. 
I keep trying to tell myself that sitting at 4-4 is better than what I expected before the season started. I truly think we have the talent to beat eastern but who knows what kind of football we will put on the field

Ive been a firm believer that we need to do everything possible to get that open AAC position in order to advance the athletics program. App state being undefeated doesn’t help whatsoever but if we can somehow manage to win 3 of the next 4 and be 7-5 going to a bowl game it would be huge. Looking for b-ball to help us out some in a “down” football year 

13 hours ago, enrique14150 said:

Uh, where was everyone?  It was a beautiful day out (for late October).  I mean, I get it, attendance tends to erode as the season goes on, but they had a great crowd for homecoming a few weeks ago, I was surprised it was so much less today.

I’m starting to wonder which player(s) on UB are most likely to enter the portal at seasons end.  Because they want to experience playing in front of 40,000 people weekly not 8,000.

Attendance is low throughout most of the MAC, and down in general I think. unless you’re talking about Bama, Clemson, UGA, Penn St, etc...

15 minutes ago, zigo230 said:

I’m starting to wonder which player(s) on UB are most likely to enter the portal at seasons end.  Because they want to experience playing in front of 40,000 people weekly not 8,000.

Attendance is low throughout most of the MAC, and down in general I think. unless you’re talking about Bama, Clemson, UGA, Penn St, etc...

I turned on a Florida State game earlierthis year and the stadium looked half full at best. It is crazy that even ACC teams can't fill up their stadiums anymore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SGBull said:

I turned on a Florida State game earlierthis year and the stadium looked half full at best. It is crazy that even ACC teams can't fill up their stadiums anymore.

ACC blows this year but in general yes that's correct.  Even if you were to transfer to say Miami, you'd still be playing in front of a ton of empty seatsoriginal.JPG?fm=pjpg&auto=format