Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Is Leipold on the P5 coaching radar?

promotherobot

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2019/10/hey-jones-can-refs-skip-certain-teams-can-gophers-be-8-0-as-psu-arrives-will-pry-shuffle-off-to-buffalo.html

This article in Penn Live acts like Leipold is potential P5 candidate for openings next year and discusses Penn State DC and UB football alum Brent Pry as a likely candidate to replace him.

Frankly, this is the first I'm hearing that Leipold could go. I thought he was pretty much settled on Buffalo for a while longer. And honestly his resume here outside of last season (and that ended rather poorly) isn't terribly impressive. Certainly not a Nate Oats-level resume.

41 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/2019/10/hey-jones-can-refs-skip-certain-teams-can-gophers-be-8-0-as-psu-arrives-will-pry-shuffle-off-to-buffalo.html

This article in Penn Live acts like Leipold is potential P5 candidate for openings next year and discusses Penn State DC and UB football alum Brent Pry as a likely candidate to replace him.

Frankly, this is the first I'm hearing that Leipold could go. I thought he was pretty much settled on Buffalo for a while longer. And honestly his resume here outside of last season (and that ended rather poorly) isn't terribly impressive. Certainly not a Nate Oats-level resume.

There was scuttle on the Rutgers board, someone mentioned, prior to this season.  That has dried up a bit as UB has struggled to two wins in the first half of the season.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:51 AM, ChicagoBull said:

Too much of the talk we hear is generated by agents (leveraging the next contract extension), media (talking heads with way too much time to imagine things), and fans (who know next to nothing).  So, unless I'm hearing things from trustworthy sources, I don't put much stock in it.  

Insightful comments  imo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had started another thread when he was mentioned as a possibility for Rutgers.  That has become possibly the worst job in America.  They were trying to bring Schiano back.  However, that fell apart and there are major donors claiming that they are going to walk away and stop donating over Rutgers messing the rehire up.

2 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

I had started another thread when he was mentioned as a possibility for Rutgers.  That has become possibly the worst job in America.  They were trying to bring Schiano back.  However, that fell apart and there are major donors claiming that they are going to walk away and stop donating over Rutgers messing the rehire up.

Wonder if they’re going to go after the AD after that. The state of that athletics program is approaching dumpster fire. 

On one hand Leipold has singlehandedly lost us 2 games this year. I cringe whenever I think of the multiple timeouts called bailing out the opposing kicker..... at the same time he’s built a stable, winning program that slowly raises the bar every year. I hope he sticks around because the good easily outweigh the bad 

17 hours ago, UB05 said:

On one hand Leipold has singlehandedly lost us 2 games this year. I cringe whenever I think of the multiple timeouts called bailing out the opposing kicker..... at the same time he’s built a stable, winning program that slowly raises the bar every year. I hope he sticks around because the good easily outweigh the bad 

I'm guessing that if the kicker had made the first kick and LL hadn't called timeout to ice him, you would have complained about that too.

3 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

I'm guessing that if the kicker had made the first kick and LL hadn't called timeout to ice him, you would have complained about that too.

Lol no, nice try. Do you honestly think someone would blame a loss on the coach for “not trying to ice the kicker” or are you just trying to argue?

14 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Lol no, nice try. Do you honestly think someone would blame a loss on the coach for “not trying to ice the kicker” or are you just trying to argue?

No, but you seem to be blaming the loss on him for trying to ice the kicker.  

Edited by ChubbyHubby