Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo picked 2nd in the east

I have no issues with this.  I love that we aren't the favorites.  We have a group of hungry players whom I definitely think can compete for a MAC title.  I do actually think BG has a good team.  They tend to start hot and fade in late February/early March, but Justin Turner will no doubt be a handful.  Toledo as per usual will have an explosive offensive team.  I think this is realistic. 

I will continue to say as long as we finish the regular season in the top 4 I like our chances to run the table in the MAC Tournament.  Obviously the goal is to win every game but being realistic unless we beat Harvard and win the Charleston Classic an at large bid will be hard to get.  Therefore it comes down to 3 days in Cleveland. Lets get it.  Can't wait for the season to tip.  Love that we can be the hunters once again.

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I will continue to say as long as we finish the regular season in the top 4 I like our chances to run the table in the MAC Tournament.  

Completely agree that our prospects to win MAC tournament are extremely good.  One reason for my confidence is that we are a much deeper team offensively.  I offer the following rationale (albeit on a handful of exhibition games).

Toledo has had two exhibitions (Hillsdale and Findlay).  In these two games, Toledo's starting five played at least 30 minutes and scored 88% of their total points.  Bowling Green also played Findlay.  They only had four players score more than 10 points with Turner and Frye playing significant minutes.  The top five scorers accounted for 78% of their scoring.  Buffalo had six players in double figures.  The top five scorers only accounted for 66% of the team's total points. 

Getting excited for the first game of season!

• Like 1

Several MAC teams are playing games tonight, so I thought I would look at games for teams projected to be near top of MAC this year, Toledo, Bowling Green, and Kent St.  Bowling Green and Kent St open against (D2/D3 teams at home).  Not much to talk about there.  Toledo opens up on the road against Valparaiso.  Per the various sources I see,  Toledo should have about 65% chance of winning and spread of roughly five points.  So this will be a good opening game for them.