Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Title IX - Women Open Tonight

I'll be there...should be a very intriguing season for both the women and the MAC as a whole.

IMO, the key to the season for the women will be rebounding. Summer should be a walking double-double but beyond her, I am looking for Adeyeye to take a step-forward, particularly defensively. The starting backcourt is experienced with Hall and Onwuka. Both can be up and down but hoping for a bit more stability from both this season. This could be a season where a few of the freshmen get some good minutes. I am looking at Fair as a player who can certainly provide an offensive spark and hopefully someday can be our go-to player. Gaba also seems like a player who could be ready to get minutes right away as well.

4 hours ago, rma said:

Excited to see Fair the most for the newcomers. Could be the next Dillard or dare I say even better. 

I missed the tip-off.   The first thing I saw, was Fair trying to inbound the ball from the end line.  First on one side of the ref, then the other, and back again.  Funny, that’s all. 
I’m rooting for big things from Christie too. 

My thoughts on the game:

It was really weird not hearing "assistant coach Cherie Cordoba" after so many years.

Walters has improved tenfold.  She was a rebound away from a double-double tonight.

Don't know why Finess Dickson and Summer Hemphill didn't play.  I sat in the 200's so I didn't have a great view, but I think I saw Summer not in uniform but don't think I saw Finess.

Schiffer looked a little discouraged after not hitting her first few shots, but then hit three 3's.  Guard minutes will be hard to get, but she could play a decent role this year.

27 turnovers and 21 steals! I heard Coach Jack yelling "I want a steal! Get me a steal!" on a couple plays.

And finally Dyaisha Fair is 100% as advertised.  After having Dillard here, I should not be surprised that we got somebody of this caliber, but here we are.  Could be one of the biggest impact freshmen we've had since (soon to be Dr.) Loesing.

Also small pet peeve, the "enhanced statistics" on the new UB website is broken

From what I've heard, Summer may miss the first 3-4 games but hopefully will be ready for the west coast trip.

Walters and Adeyeye both looked vastly improved compared to last season with Walters seeming as though she could prove to be a real finisher in the paint. Christie has great length and seems like she could be a player to fill the Wilkins' role, at least for this season.

With Hall, Onwuka and Fair, we should have the most explosive back-court in the MAC. We can't expect that many blow-bys when the competition ramps up, but the quickness and aggressiveness is there for sure. Fair didn't show any freshman jitters and should be a big help in picking up some of the CD scoring void. It appears we should have a very strong top 7 with Hall, Onwuka, Fair, Walters, Adeyeye, Christie and Summer when she is back with Dickson and Hamilton also having the ability to put in some solid minutes.

Hoping for a great performance tomorrow night.