Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl - UB vs. Charlotte - Dec 20th 2pm ESPN

UB92

Through last Saturday there are 72 teams eligible for a bowl game.  This is the lowest number entering the "final"* regular season week.  There are 14 schools that can get win 6 this weekend fort he final six slots.  No word as to how many may be a a match up of 5-6 teams.

This per the D1-Ticker email.

* Army -Navy is a regular season game played after the conference championship games.

5 hours ago, rma said:

There are no 5-6 teams playing 5-6 teams this week. That said, it is likely that 6-6 teams will be left home this year. 

Don't think I share your view that many, if any, 6-6 teams stay home this year.....in fact, I'd say there is as good a chance that 1 or 2, 5-7's sneak in.  Guess we'll know Sooner (no bias) than later!

6 hours ago, verandaman said:
11 hours ago, rma said:

There are no 5-6 teams playing 5-6 teams this week. That said, it is likely that 6-6 teams will be left home this year. 

Don't think I share your view that many, if any, 6-6 teams stay home this year.....in fact, I'd say there is as good a chance that 1 or 2, 5-7's sneak in.  Guess we'll know Sooner (no bias) than later!

The only way for a 5-7 team to make it would be if 9 of the 14 5-6 teams lose.

I know the MAC has tie ins with 5 or so bowls, but which one is "best" (in terms of prestige, $$ for the program, possible opponent)?  Other than the national championship and new years 6 bowl games, I dont know much of a difference between the rest of the bowls besides where they are located.  Is there a hierarchy of all bowls?

36 minutes ago, Gxtrex said:

I know the MAC has tie ins with 5 or so bowls, but which one is "best" (in terms of prestige, $$ for the program, possible opponent)?  Other than the national championship and new years 6 bowl games, I dont know much of a difference between the rest of the bowls besides where they are located.  Is there a hierarchy of all bowls?

Not a hard fact, but a guideline: the closer a game is played to New Years Day, the higher the payout. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Through last Saturday there are 72 teams eligible for a bowl game.  This is the lowest number entering the "final"* regular season week.  There are 14 schools that can get win 6 this weekend fort he final six slots.  No word as to how many may be a a match up of 5-6 teams.

This per the D1-Ticker email.

* Army -Navy is a regular season game played after the conference championship games.

Here are 14 remaining 5-6 teams and who they play.

Boston College - at Pitt(7-4 record)

UNC - at NC State(4-7 record)

TCU - v West Virginia(4-7 record)

Michigan State - v Maryland(3-8 record)

Nebraska - v Iowa(8-3 record)

Army - at Hawaii(8-4 record) and v Navy(8-2 record)

Ohio - at Akron(0-11 record)

Kent State - at Eastern(6-5 record)

Oregon State - at Oregon(9-2 record)

Colorado - at Utah(10-1 record)

Liberty - v New Mexico State(2-9 record)

Mississippi State - v Ole Miss(4-7 record)

Troy - v App State(10-1 record)

ULM - at ULL(9-2 record)

In my opinion, Michigan State, Liberty and Ohio are locks to win. I have UNC, TCU, Kent and Mississippi State as very close or "pick'em" games. The other 7 I have as solid underdogs.

I would be surprised if more than 7 of the 14 teams win, which would essentially leave one 6-6 team out.

• Like 1

So, what are your preferences?  

1.  Camellia Bowl, Montgomery, AL.  Mostly because I like southern cities (e.g. BBQ and bars).

2.  Cheribundi Bowl, Boca Raton, FL.  Lots of options to fly into.

3.  Makers Wanted Bowl, Nassau, Bahamas.  Partly because Makers Wanted is a Chicago thing.  

Not sure how to predict.  The MAC bowl selections always baffle me in terms of logic.  

On 11/27/2019 at 5:57 PM, ChicagoBull said:

So, what are your preferences?  

1.  Camellia Bowl, Montgomery, AL.  Mostly because I like southern cities (e.g. BBQ and bars).

2.  Cheribundi Bowl, Boca Raton, FL.  Lots of options to fly into.

3.  Makers Wanted Bowl, Nassau, Bahamas.  Partly because Makers Wanted is a Chicago thing.  

Not sure how to predict.  The MAC bowl selections always baffle me in terms of logic.  

Boca is easiest to get to. Montgomery you can fly to Atlanta and drive 2 hours.  Even Nassau isn't bad flight-wise. Unfortunately all airfares go up that week for Christmas.

39 minutes ago, weareub46 said:

Can someone remind me when we find out the bowl selections? Is it just anytime now or do they wait until after conference championships? I couldn’t remember 

I believe i heard that Sunday December 8th is the big selection show for all the Bowls and playoff games.  Of course there could be leaks before then, and the Bahamas Bowl will likely be announced earlier because the two programs involved will need extra time to obtain the proper travel documents.

Theyve won 5 in a row but not the highest competition. 

Like RMA said looks like Patterson and Marks could have some fun against this defense.

Would love to get a Bowl W in the program here.

I dont know why but I always think of these schools as D2ish/basketball only still even though I think theyve had D1 football since 2013...

Also this has to be the best bowl travel destination right?

I don't know about the best destination.  It will be the most expensive destination for those that want to attend.  A bit of a logistics nightmare for staff, especially equipment staff.  Everything has to go through Customs.   I think somewhere in the Southern US would have been better.  Boca, Texas...