Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

MAC Adds Women's Lacrosse

rma

https://getsomemaction.com/news/2019/11/5/general-womens-lacrosse-coming-in-2020-21-detroit-mercy-youngstown-state-as-affiliates.aspx

Interestingly, as part of UB's push to D1A/the MAC, women's lacrosse was a sport that was going to be added but it never came to fruition

Interesting meeting notes from way back then

http://www.buffalo.edu/content/www/facultysenate/minutes3/faculty-senate-executive-committee-minutes/_jcr_content/par/download_15821355/file.res/November 13%2C 1996.pdf

Edited by rma
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SGBull said:
5 hours ago, UBinMD said:

So is Buffalo going to field a team? Seems like if other MAC programs can do it, Buffalo should certainly be able to find a way too.

I feel like it would cause an issue because we just cut 4 teams

You cannot just add teams.  In order to add a team of either sex you then need to balance out Title IX requirements.

13 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

You cannot just add teams.  In order to add a team of either sex you then need to balance out Title IX requirements.

Yes I know, I meant more from a PR perspective. If we were to add women's lacrosse I would love to see us add Men's Hockey too.

2 hours ago, SGBull said:

Yes I know, I meant more from a PR perspective. If we were to add women's lacrosse I would love to see us add Men's Hockey too.

Seeing as we have the facilities and the conference, soccer and S&D would make more a lot more sense.