Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bold Predictions for Dartmouth

UB Alum

44 minutes ago, UB Alum said:

The Bulls will win by a higher differential than last year (39, 110 - 71)

I love your positivity and enthusiasm. Welcome by the way!

I can still see some growing pains during this Dartmouth game. I do not believe we will win by that much but I see a victory to continue the nation's longest home win streak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UB Alum said:

I'll get it started:

• The Bulls will win by a higher differential than last year (39, 110 - 71)
  • Segu will double - double again
  • Mballa with 4 blocks

I welcome you as well - and second the appreciation of your enthusiasm.  If I were to put out a number for spread, I am thinking we win by 13-17 points.  This is not to say that this years team does not compare to last year.  The lower differential is based on the fact that the Dartmouth game was one of the better performances last year.  On offense highlights include shooting 68% (38/56) from 2-pt range and only 8 turnovers for the game.   On defense, Dartmouth shot only 39% overall, and turned the ball over 15 times.  One thing that I just saw, CJ did not play in this game, amazing

I think your individual predictions are good possibilities.  I am looking forward to seeing Graves, Johnson, Jordan, Williams and Grant having strong games too - ok maybe you are right!

:classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I welcome you as well - and second the appreciation of your enthusiasm.  If I were to put out a number for spread, I am thinking we win by 13-17 points.  This is not to say that this years team does not compare to last year.  The lower differential is based on the fact that the Dartmouth game was one of the better performances last year.  On offense highlights include shooting 68% (38/56) from 2-pt range and only 8 turnovers for the game.   On defense, Dartmouth shot only 39% overall, and turned the ball over 15 times.  One thing that I just saw, CJ did not play in this game, amazing

I think your individual predictions are good possibilities.  I am looking forward to seeing Graves, Johnson, Jordan, Williams and Grant having strong games too - ok maybe you are right!

:classic_biggrin:

They are bold for a reason! But.. when you break down the efficiency stats like that, the probability of replication does not look great haha

23 minutes ago, UB Alum said:

They are bold for a reason! But.. when you break down the efficiency stats like that, the probability of replication does not look great haha

Well I confess, one thing that I didn't include 76 points were in the paint - seems like the high shooting percentage was in part due to a large number of high percentage shots.  From UBBulls.com recap of the game:

The Bulls dominated the specialty stats category, outscoring Dartmouth 25-3 in points off turnovers, 76-36 in point in the paint, and 31-9 on fast-break points.

Keep your enthusiasm - and don't let me diminish it!  This is going to be an exciting and successful season.

5 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Showed up early to watch warm ups. Brock Bertram is in a walking boot, Hardnett looks ready to go.

That is a shame about Brock.  Hopefully it's something he can recover from quickly.

Looking forward to seeing Hardnett if he is able to play. 

The game can't start soon enough!

Excited to see how the team comes together! Particularly interested in how Mballa and Hardnett handle things in the paint. My expectation is that Dartmouth won't be able to do much if any damage underneath against them. They will be bombs away from 3 though so it could be a close game for a while if we don't lock down the perimeter.

Just now, eanil said:

It’s nice to see that Jordan apparently didn’t spend the summer working on free throws at all.

Looks worse than last year, didn't think that was even possible. Sloppy play from the team overall on both ends. Someone needs to show some leadership here and get this turned around fast.

3 minutes ago, MKBullsfan said:

They need to play the best 5 and only 5. Graves, Jordan, Johnson, Mballa and Grant. Everyone else isn’t doing anything or a defensive liability.

I’m not sure those are the best five. I want to see more of Segu. Why not, nothing else is working.

I just think this team doesn’t have a go-to guy. Whether someone emerges during the year remains to be seen but we need someone to if we want to go anywhere.

Edited by eanil

5 minutes ago, eanil said:

I’m not sure those are the best five. I want to see more of Segu. Why not, nothing else is working.

I just think this team doesn’t have a go-to guy. Whether someone emerges during the year remains to be seen but we need someone to if we want to go anywhere.

Jordan's trying to be that guy right now. If only he had the same confidence from the free throw line as he does from 3.