Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Charleston Classic (Buffalo vs. UCONN 11/21 @ 9:00PM)

Looking ahead from today’s big win over a talented Harvard team, up next we have a UCONN team that’s been looking very beatable this year with 2 unimpressive showings.

Hopefully this win can get some momentum and confidence going with the team. Once we got out and running at a fast pace, Harvard couldn’t keep up. Go Bulls!

• Like 1

UConn plays #15 Florida today at 3pm FYI.

Their roster is littered with 3 & 4 star guys with size and skill. They start 6'9, 6'9, 6'11 in the front court so Nate, Gabe, Hardnett, Nickleberry and Mballa will be seeing big minutes.

This is a talented roster that shouldn't be underestimated. I expect they'll be favored by around 5 on us, and I'd gladly take the points as I expect it to be a toss-up on the court.

• Jeseph pinned this topic

I think rebounding is going to be an issue all year. Mballa is our tallest player when Brock isn’t out there and we feature a naturally small lineup. The key will be not be dominated on the glass. If we lose the rebounding edge by 3-4 boards you can live with that. If we play like we did against Harvard this is a winnable game. UCONN isn’t all the way back yet. Looking forward to this game.  Another chance for what could be a Q1 game. 

My goal for Charleston...obviously to win it all. But realistically I’m happy with 2-1. 1-2 could be a let down. 0-3 I don’t even want to think of.

3 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Getting carried away here but that winning path will but us in the convo for an at large. Provided we also do well on conference

The goal of this thing is to go 2-1. That would be a huge success. I don't care if we get 2nd, 3rd or 5th. But that's the goal. 4th would suck to lose twice but beat Uconn. 

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Don't forget the ladies start at 10pm vs San Jose State. You can catch the 2nd half at least. Think it's on ESPN+.

Looking forward to both games. As usual the Buffalo News did not even mention the Women’s game!!! They are off to another great start with Fair being one of the top five scorers in the nation. Shame on you Buffalo News and both my brother and I have already called the sports editor on no/very little coverage for our teams and with more coverage for high school sports. If their was another newspaper in town we would not read the Buffalo News period. Go Bulls!!!!

• Like 1