Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Three Open Scholarships

Kevin

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/buffalo

We go where Oats take us.  He and the staff have already begun recruiting for 2020 and beyond.  We know the style that we play so we recruit to that.  Oats wants length (not necessarily height but wingspan) and athleticism.  Prospects who can play multiple positions and just as importantly, guard multiple position.  Case in point Jeremy Harris.  With the up tempo style you know he wants athletic wings who can both shoot and drive, smart ball handling point guards and athletic bigs who can get up and down the floor and rebound. 

Hopefully we don't get hit by the transfer bug.  Which is why I feel Oats leaned more towards JUCOs and transfers for next season.  The future beyond next season is heavily invested in Segu and Williams.  They are the building blocks you supplement.  But I feel as long as we keep winning, pull some upsets and Oats sticks around we should be able to consistently bring in 3 star recruits and the occasional 4 star.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Pharaoh said:

Wow that chart at the bottom is terrible.

Do you mean at forward? 

Yeah, we are. It's not great. 

2019 lineup - Johnson, Jordan, Graves, Williams, Rojas is your starting lineup

Segu, Grant, Allen, Fagan, Caldwell, Bertram (wouldn't be shocked to see him transfer to a lesser program, he reminds me of Stainbrook)

- Two open still. 

Sad to say but, we are probably not going to get much out of Brock Bertram. 

In his third year and he just hasn't developed, at all. Foot work is pretty lackluster, just seems lost out there at times. Getting forwards of his size is often times a crap shoot because you just don't know what you're getting. He has the size, but he just doesn't have the athletic ability to stay on the floor.

We need forward depth bad, especially with Perkins and McRae leaving. 

In regards to Brock, the guy’s role (or at least it should be) is to get down the floor and establish position and even if you don’t have the best offensive moves, draw fouls with your big body and turn it into a guard oriented game as quick as possible. I’m Sure he is a great young man, but he is just not quick enough to fill that role.  Especially in this offense.  Big 7fts with s ballerina and track skills don’t come to mid major schools. He certainly seems to be enjoying himself though, regularly first off the bench to chest bump & congratulate, and I hope he stays around. He is a matchup option at this point. Use him against the right opponent, McRea should play first tho. We have new bigs coming in. We will be fine. 

Bertram hasn’t shown any of the offensive capability that Stainbrook showed. After he transferred to Xavier he was one of their solid contributors. Even at W Michigan his sophomore year he was good for about 10 points per game - although he missed those foul shots in his last trip to Alumni Arena.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, squire17 said:

Bertram hasn’t shown any of the offensive capability that Stainbrook showed. After he transferred to Xavier he was one of their solid contributors. Even at W Michigan his sophomore year he was good for about 10 points per game - although he missed those foul shots in his last trip to Alumni Arena.

Meant this more in the guise of him wanting to leave because of the pace of play. We play to different for his skillset. He needs to be in a set-up half court offense. UB is literally the polar opposite and I think they will limit centers from ever coming here. Jeenathan Williams and similar is the style of player we will be recruiting now. 

Edited by Kevin