Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

How the Other Half Lives in the Gicewicz Club

BrooklynBull

50 Yard Line seats???  Gee, I remember when I had 50 yard line seats...then I had to move for some reason....

No, I dont think so, I prefer my regular folks over the cake eaters.  Maybe the guy that doesnt like when I yell will win.  That way I can spare myself of having to try to solve his crossword puzzle over his shoulder.

Edited by BRJACR75

I got a dirty look from a lady 2 seats down when I had the cow bell cranked up.  I really wanted to respond with, funny, the guy that pays for that seat doesn't mind the cow bell when he's sitting there.  That guy showed up, and just took a different seat when he saw that somebody was in his seat.  Classy guy.  

22 minutes ago, BRJACR75 said:

Gary Quatrani....Transferred from Buffalo State

Enjoy my seats whomever wins

And the answers are from:

LINKY  &  LINKY

The Spectrum was wrong.  He transferred to UB after having issues at his prior school where he was on a track scholarship to play WR.

Edited by BrooklynBull

18 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

The Spectrum was wrong.  He transferred to UB after having issues at his prior school where he was on a track scholarship to play WR.

So its not Buffalo State then??

I have no intention of winning (Twitter is stupid), but Im enjoying the research.

So the only way its not Buffalo State LINKY, he was on the Buffalo State Track Team as of Spring 1978.  That would mean he would have to have transferred from Buffalo State to another school then to UB., all from spring 1978 to Fall (August 1978). 

Edited by BRJACR75

21 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

Now that there has been a winner over on Twitter see if you can get the answer to the first question that I submitted for the contest.

What Bowling Green athlete was on the NBA top 50 players of the first 50 years and what athlete won gold at the 1972 Olympics?

So is there searchable proof that Quatrani was at Indiana? 

And the story behind this answer, please.,.

because from Buff State to Indiana to UB makes little sense...

Edited by BRJACR75

On 11/21/2019 at 9:30 AM, BrooklynBull said:

Have you ever wonder what it is like to see a game from the Gicewicz Club?

Well your chance is coming.  UB Athletics will be announcing a trivia contest over its social media (not sure where exactly, so follow them everywhere) for two 50 yard line seats for the Bowling Green game.

Pay attention and good luck.

I actually haven't.  I spent my working career driving corporations forward and being treated very well by airlines, hotels, and schmoozers-generally.  Then I retired and started to have fun.  I have since been to every FBS stadium; all 50 states in your Union; met unlimited number of outstandingly caring and warm people; and stayed at $75/night motels when I could get them...eaten at Denny's and IHOP...and enjoyed life beyond comprehension.

Sad that people still think, or imply, that having access to riches (of sorts) really matters.....it doesn't.  And "yes", I have a closet full of those t-shirts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, verandaman said:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...…….

I'll be able to say I knew when you were a common folk, rma!  Tell a certain missus, I'll miss her now that you have moved up neighborhood!

Nope, I’ll be in the common folk seats this weekend. A former True Blue guy has them, so they’re in good hands.

To quote Ron Swanson...giphy.gif

6 hours ago, BRJACR75 said:

So is there searchable proof that Quatrani was at Indiana? 

And the story behind this answer, please.,.

because from Buff State to Indiana to UB makes little sense...

From being there with him.  He transferred home from Indiana and end up at UB.  There never was any mention of him being at Buff State.

Edited by BrooklynBull

15 hours ago, verandaman said:

when I freeze my ass off in a seat with inferior sight lines to the seats I had, before ADDW took my seats away without a kissmybottom or howdy-dowdy!

A more true statement could not be said. In addition to the subsequent mailing that said something along the lines of "pay now to renew your tickets, you don't have a seat, but we'll find one for you".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

From being there with him.  He transferred home from Indiana and end up at UB.  There never was any mention of him being at Buff State.

Thats not true and I was actually hoping for more of the story because If the only way to actually get the answer correctly is to actually know the guy, some regular joe had no hopes of winning beyond guessing.

Follow the two links I provided.

One is a Spectrum article referring to him transferring from Buff State (Later, RMA found a spectrum article referring to Indiana as well 9/15/78 page 25)  So theres conflict there with the information.

Plus the second link is a posted Buff State Yearbook from 1978 referring to Gary running Track there in 1977 & 1978.

So whats the deal??  Did he run track for Buffalo State, then got kicked out/transferred to Indiana then got kicked out/transferred to UB all in a course of, what 3 semesters (spring 1977-Fall 1978), possibly even 1 (spring 1978-fall 1978).  Something doesnt add up....

3 hours ago, BRJACR75 said:

Thats not true and I was actually hoping for more of the story because If the only way to actually get the answer correctly is to actually know the guy, some regular joe had no hopes of winning beyond guessing.

Follow the two links I provided.

One is a Spectrum article referring to him transferring from Buff State (Later, RMA found a spectrum article referring to Indiana as well 9/15/78 page 25)  So theres conflict there with the information.

Plus the second link is a posted Buff State Yearbook from 1978 referring to Gary running Track there in 1977 & 1978.

So whats the deal??  Did he run track for Buffalo State, then got kicked out/transferred to Indiana then got kicked out/transferred to UB all in a course of, what 3 semesters (spring 1977-Fall 1978), possibly even 1 (spring 1978-fall 1978).  Something doesnt add up....

Everyone who was with the team then knows of him coming home from Indiana, without a stop at Buff State.  He was at Indiana on a track scholarship to play football.  The 90+ scholarship limit was still not enough in the 1970s, so they would give scholarships to WR to run track but hey would also play football.

He came back home because his personality did not fit in well with the Indiana football team.  His coach for football was, not so fast my friend, Lee Corso.  may be he ran to fast for Corso.

By the way, if anyone on the current staff of the Spectrum reads this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look at the old Spectrums and try to get close to what it used to be.

Edited by BrooklynBull

1 hour ago, BrooklynBull said:

Everyone who was with the team then knows of him coming home from Indiana, without a stop at Buff State.  He was at Indiana on a track scholarship to play football.  The 90+ scholarship limit was still not enough in the 1970s, so they would give scholarships to WR to run track but hey would also play football.

He came back home because his personality did not fit in well with the Indiana football team.  His coach for football was, not so fast my friend, Lee Corso.  may be he ran to fast for Corso.

By the way, if anyone on the current staff of the Spectrum reads this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look at the old Spectrums and try to get close to what it used to be.

image.thumb.png.c5368fcf150804c549b5dcaec40ca76b.png

Edited by BRJACR75

1 hour ago, BRJACR75 said:

image.thumb.png.c5368fcf150804c549b5dcaec40ca76b.png

So Brook, this still doesnt add up.  Thats Gary running track there, thats Gary's mention in the write up.  Again, directly from the Buff State year book dated 1978.

This picture tells us he ran track at Buff State in 1977 at least, we know he was at UB from 1978 - 1980 according to the Media Guide (I actually have an old media guide with his picture (same guy above) in the UB Letterman for Q.  If you need proof, flip through the 2012 UB Media Guide online, its easy to find.

Im not doubting he was at Indiana, I just having trouble reconciling that with the provided documentation Ive been able to find and the data and timing doesnt add up.

So as it stands, the timeline of Gary

Spring 1976 - Graduated from Cardinal Dougherty High School in Buffalo

Spring 1977 - On Buff States Track team

Fall 1977-Spring1978 - ???????? Ive yet to find anything mentioning Gary Quatrani at Indiana University Track and/or Football, which includes Indiana Arbutus Yearbooks, Indiana Football records, rosters, team photos.   I just want to find something to make this answer make sense

Fall 1978 - Playing Football at UB

Edited by BRJACR75