Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

William & Mary @ Buffalo (11/30 @ 2:00 PM)

Jeseph

• Jeseph featured this topic
15 hours ago, 961819 said:

Nervous about how they’ll stop Nathan Knight 

I just looked at their roster.  They do have size that we will need to deal with.  In addition to Knight (6'10" - 18.5 ppg), they have Van Vliet (7'0" - 16.0 ppg).  Sure wish Brock was available to play, to give us a little more depth down low.

21 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

I just looked at their roster.  They do have size that we will need to deal with.  In addition to Knight (6'10" - 18.5 ppg), they have Van Vliet (7'0" - 16.0 ppg).  Sure wish Brock was available to play, to give us a little more depth down low.

We definitely need some size.  This years roster is missing big players in the post pretty bad.  Has there been any update as to when Brock may return?

• Jeseph unfeatured and pinned this topic
15 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

What I find a little interesting is this, last year pretty much everyone held their breath when Brock got in a game.  Very few had anything good to say when he did get in.  Now, it seems that we're all waiting for him to get healthy to be the big that we're missing.  

We can certainly use him against guys like Prim and the big from UCONN. Those guys  were huge and Hardnett just didn’t have the size when Mballa was out 

Edited by UB05

47 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

What I find a little interesting is this, last year pretty much everyone held their breath when Brock got in a game.  Very few had anything good to say when he did get in.  Now, it seems that we're all waiting for him to get healthy to be the big that we're missing.  

He developed a lot in the off season, it’ll be nice to have him back 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

On the Basketball Insider show this evening, Whitesell said Brock will be out another month. So hopefully for MAC play...bummer.

I wonder if this extended injury will factor into next year’s roster.  Some fans have speculated whether Brock will graduate, or come back to the team next year.  So, will this translate to the feeling of  ‘unfinished business’, and him more likely to return.  Or, will it feel like ‘the end of the line’, and him more likely to hang ‘em up?

2 hours ago, 961819 said:

He developed a lot in the off season, it’ll be nice to have him back 

The problem with that is he might have developed and improved in the off season but with his early injury he never really had a chance to show it in any games. It is probably a better chance of him leaving next year after he graduates and goes and tries to find a school/team where he could play extensive minutes in his last year of college ball. If that happens UB needs to find a big, athletic big man for next year. Hope somehow Brock can get healthy and play some productive minutes for UB. Go Bulls!!!!!

6 minutes ago, John said:

The problem with that is he might have developed and improved in the off season but with his early injury he never really had a chance to show it in any games. It is probably a better chance of him leaving next year after he graduates and goes and tries to find a school/team where he could play extensive minutes in his last year of college ball. If that happens UB needs to find a big, athletic big man for next year. Hope somehow Brock can get healthy and play some productive minutes for UB. Go Bulls!!!!!

Yup. If Brock leaves then we have 2 more open scholarships to fill. Personally I think one should go to a long, athletic wing like Jeenathan. The other should go to a big-bodied Center like when Perkins first came to UB. We desperately need a bully in the paint 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Yup. If Brock leaves then we have 2 more open scholarships to fill. Personally I think one should go to a long, athletic wing like Jeenathan. The other should go to a big-bodied Center like when Perkins first came to UB. We desperately need a bully in the paint 

100% agree with you there. Need an athletic big man who can protect the paint. Love what I see from Mballa but he’s only 6’7” and we need more depth there.

Just now, TheBully said:

I’m pretty new to UB Basketball, I’m a incoming transfer for the spring semester. If Brock leaves I can see the team trying to get maybe a grad transfer big man. Don’t forget the Bulls still have Skogman on the roster, he’s 6’10 but not as experienced 

They are trying to redshirt skogman so he can bulk up. He won't play unless it's really necessary 

28 minutes ago, TheBully said:

I’m pretty new to UB Basketball, I’m a incoming transfer for the spring semester. If Brock leaves I can see the team trying to get maybe a grad transfer big man. Don’t forget the Bulls still have Skogman on the roster, he’s 6’10 but not as experienced 

First off, welcome to the fan base! You are right about Skogman for future seasons but that’s about it as far as a real post player goes and even he wants to shoot 3s often. A really interesting freshman prospect is Dishon Jackson, only has 3 offers. There are also plenty of talented big men at the JUCO level like Gaige Prim who we just played on Missouri State. They’ll find their guy for sure 

B3D0788E-E9E6-4B1E-9C73-3A736C081EA0.png

Edited by 961819
Added Dishon Jackson’s recruiting profile

2 hours ago, 961819 said:

First off, welcome to the fan base! You are right about Skogman for future seasons but that’s about it as far as a real post player goes and even he wants to shoot 3s often. A really interesting freshman prospect is Dishon Jackson, only has 3 offers. There are also plenty of talented big men at the JUCO level like Gaige Prim who we just played on Missouri State. They’ll find their guy for sure 

B3D0788E-E9E6-4B1E-9C73-3A736C081EA0.png

Exactly the kind of guy I would like. Would be nice not to have to sweat once Mballa gets 2 fouls and also can play him alongside Mballa when going against bigger lineups. 

• Like 1