Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Women’s BBall Scholarships

ubfan75

Finess Dickson was granted a medical hardship waiver from Memphis. She had a season ending injury after four games. She is playing as a redshirt freshman and is a walk-on. Finess looks like the point guard for the future. Against Bloomsburg she showed quickness and decent ball handling ability and had five steals. The newcomers playing on the front line had a rough game on the offensive side. Summer was not suited up for the game and have not heard if she has an injury??? Dillard had a great game both offensively and on the defense end. The team sure looks different without Reid and the other seniors that graduated. Go Bulls!!!!

I had the same observations. Lots of player combinations resulted in some confusion and maybe expected early season lack of cohesive play. I had to laugh that player (new center) was given a technical for wearing the wrong number even though her name was sewn onto her jersey; she looked strong under the basket but slow running the floor. It was nice seeing Hannah Hall score, but being only a competent PG may not be good enough and I see maybe Finess taking over sooner than later. Nice to see all 15 active players on the score sheet (I think). As a side note, I don’t recall seeing the official with the darker hair on our court before - I could be wrong but she seemed to blow whistle as much as the other two refs combined. 

Edited by ubfan75

21 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

https://twitter.com/mikemeiler/status/1058163866914508800

Summer Hemphill academically ineligible for the fall

Thought something was up when Summer came out in sweats. She did not look happy to say the least. I know the players are ultimately responsible for their academics but I thought the coaching staff had in place academics counselors and staff that check on all players academics???? But not knowing all the details if there was personal problems or other factors it is still disappointing to say the least. Our family was looking for big things from Summer this year. Hope for the best for Summer and Go Bulls!!!

On 11/2/2018 at 8:23 PM, John said:

Thought something was up when Summer came out in sweats. She did not look happy to say the least. I know the players are ultimately responsible for their academics but I thought the coaching staff had in place academics counselors and staff that check on all players academics???? But not knowing all the details if there was personal problems or other factors it is still disappointing to say the least. Our family was looking for big things from Summer this year. Hope for the best for Summer and Go Bulls!!!

If I remember correctly, Coach Jack and staff has had the program as a whole at a very high level of gpa. One can never say for sure regarding an individual's own situation but hopefully this was a one time thing and Summer will be back ready for conference play.