Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo vs Army (12/14 @ 2:00 pm)

Jeseph

It’s funny how quickly a thread gets started when we win! Go Bulls! Time to get on a roll here and defend our home court. We should smoke army. I expect a win and hopefully the beginning of crisper basketball. Spirits riding high right now. Love the 2pm Saturday start time. No excuses for poor attendance #s.

Edited by DooleyBull06

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

TV Coverage: ESPN+
Radio: Tunein
Live Stats: UBBulls.com

The Bulls return home after a tough stretch (mostly) on the road and a big win against previously undefeated Depaul. I don't know anything about this Army team other than the fact that they're going to lose on Dec. 14th.

GO BULLS

They may be distracted by a football game in Philadelphia Saturday afternoon that probably means more to them than the outcome of this game.

5 hours ago, Jeseph said:

TV Coverage: ESPN+
Radio: Tunein
Live Stats: UBBulls.com

The Bulls return home after a tough stretch (mostly) on the road and a big win against previously undefeated Depaul. I don't know anything about this Army team other than the fact that they're going to lose on Dec. 14th.

GO BULLS

Army plays in the Patriot League and is 4-4 and have had losing seasons the last few years. Their primary starters are upperclassmen with players at 6’9, 6’7 and 6’6 and with averages at 13, 12, 10, 9 and 8 per game. Hope to see some good offensive flow with defensive and rebounding advantage continue. Go Bulls!!!

• Jeseph pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, xDerekRx said:

I feel like Army is a team they should really be able to take it to at home. Then we have the Big 4 teams all at home. At least one of those games will end up closer than they should.

Agreed. The Bonaventure game will be tough. They are playing well of late. We should handle Army, Canisius and Niagara. And by handle, I mean, we should smoke Army and Niagara. I would say blowouts but I don’t wanna set the expectations too high. But I expect comfortable wins.

A bit more details for tomorrow's game.  They are currently 4-5 after losing to Merrimack on Wednesday.  Kenpom has them ranked at #279 compared to our ranking at #104.  I expect spread in 15/16 points range.  Army scores about 69 points a game.  Their rebounding per game is only 33 total and 6 offensive.  Would expect that we should be able to have a good day rebounding the ball against them.  They struggle from FT line, only shooting 56% as a team.   Their top scorers are Thomas Funk (Sr / 5'11"/ G/ 14.2 ppg) and Matthew Wilson (Sr / 6'9"/ C/ 13.4 ppg).

If Buffalo takes care of business with tight defense and on the boards, this should be a game that the Bulls win comfortably.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

A bit more details for tomorrow's game.  They are currently 4-5 after losing to Merrimack on Wednesday.  Kenpom has them ranked at #279 compared to our ranking at #104.  I expect spread in 15/16 points range.  Army scores about 69 points a game.  Their rebounding per game is only 33 total and 6 offensive.  Would expect that we should be able to have a good day rebounding the ball against them.  They struggle from FT line, only shooting 56% as a team.   Their top scorers are Thomas Funk (Sr / 5'11"/ G/ 14.2 ppg) and Matthew Wilson (Sr / 6'9"/ C/ 13.4 ppg).

If Buffalo takes care of business with tight defense and on the boards, this should be a game that the Bulls win comfortably.

Agree on your spread prediction. I thought the same thing. And I’m not sure if I have ever seen a team that’s worse shooting free throws. If Army somehow gets hot shooting 3s, I wouldn’t be surprised if UB starts hacking a little on the inside to throw off rhythm and send them to the line.

1 minute ago, Jeseph said:

Broken record but this team has no leader. We either have a hot hand shooting or we play like trash...

We have no Massinburg type. Graves is a fantastic SUPPORTING player to a star player but he doesn’t quite have that leadership factor

Edited by 961819

Horrible half, no defense, stupid turnovers. Segu playing like absolute trash, and Graves horrible also def doesn’t look like a leader out there. How many times do I have to see Jeenathan with point blank layups and dunks find a way to miss it. Mballa only guy that looks solid but he can’t guard everyone.