Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

A Very Khalil Mack Christmas

promotherobot

So is there a Khalil Mack Scoreboard on lay-away some where he's willing to pay off too?? 

oR can Mark Alnutt write a letter to Santa asking for a new scoreboard that some how gets lost in the mail and ends up in Ledarius Mack's luggage to the Bahamas and somehow gets placed in Khalil's stocking on Christmas Eve??  I mean, whats the Elf on the Shelf for really if not this....

• Like 1

The more I see of other stadiums, including FCS, the more I really am embarrassed about UB's scoreboard.  But more importantly, I'm getting older; I just can't see anything much on the damn thing that we have now.  And it has nothing to do with beverage at our tailgate....

Khalil, I have a problem (vision), I need your help...……….et tu Brute?

2 hours ago, verandaman said:

The more I see of other stadiums, including FCS, the more I really am embarrassed about UB's scoreboard.  But more importantly, I'm getting older; I just can't see anything much on the damn thing that we have now.  And it has nothing to do with beverage at our tailgate....

Khalil, I have a problem (vision), I need your help...……….et tu Brute?

The stadium is a dump. In 5 years hopefully they will share a state-of-the-art covered stadium with the Bills in downtown Buffalo.

4 hours ago, verandaman said:

I just can't see anything much on the damn thing that we have now.

You could see how the other half lives and sit in the rich people seats!

Now that I've bit the bullet and signed up for ESPN+, maybe I'll pull up replays on my phone because even that would be better than the 480p thing we have now.

2 hours ago, promotherobot said:

The stadium is a dump.

I agree on some things, disagree on others.  The sight lines, video board, and track are terrible.  The grandstands are great (compared to many other G5) because they have concession stands (some other schools have concession carts).  UB also has a lot "other half" seating.  The TV angle isn't terrible (see Akron and Syracuse for both extremes), and the student section has benches, which is optimal for packing people in (Louisville, Temple, USF, etc have individual seats).  I'd also argue having a concourse is beneficial to get out of the wind on MACtion nights.  Some G5 schools just have "under the bleachers" like a high school.

That said, it's the worst stadium I've been in to watch a game as a fan, minus Syracuse.  Some schools have more embarrassing flaws, like moss under seats at UMass, or flooding at WMU, but overall I'd rank UB quite low. 

17 hours ago, promotherobot said:

The stadium is a dump. In 5 years hopefully they will share a state-of-the-art covered stadium with the Bills in downtown Buffalo.

I hope not.  I have seen football in the Astrodome, the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome and the Carrier Dome (soon to be a cause of great litigation).  Indoor football sucks.  Football is mde to be played in the elements.  The major elements in an indoor stadium are N and O2.  Football needs, wind, rain, snow and cold.

6 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

I hope not.  I have seen football in the Astrodome, the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome and the Carrier Dome (soon to be a cause of great litigation).  Indoor football sucks.  Football is made to be played in the elements.  The major elements in an indoor stadium are N and O2.  Football needs, wind, rain, snow and cold.

Well you and the 30-or-so other hard cases enjoy those November MACtion games on those aluminum benches and stiff icy winds from the South end zone. Good times.

Let me ask you...why did they build a fieldhouse if football is meant to be played in the rain and cold?

P.S...I was at Ford Field for the MAC Championship and LOVED IT!  Sign me up for indoor football.

Edited by promotherobot

18 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Well you and the 30-or-so other hard cases enjoy those November MACtion games on those aluminum benches and stiff icy winds from the South end zone. Good times.

Let me ask you...why did they build a fieldhouse if football is meant to be played in the rain and cold?

P.S...I was at Ford Field for the MAC Championship and LOVED IT!  Sign me up for indoor football.

For practice and to Keep up with the Joneses.