Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

OT Our friend BH

UB85

3 hours ago, UB85 said:

YBobby and ASU got demolished last night by St. Mary’s. The devils were outscored 51-19 in the first half. Boy that type of smackdown hurts big things me. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401170631

Ouch!

St. Mary's is good but not great.  They lost to Winthrop and were taken to the wood shed by Dayton.

39 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t have any ill will towards Hurley? I know our marriage with him didn’t last long and ended horribly but his hiring got this whole thing rolling. And we trounced them in the tournament last year. To me that was the whole thing coming full circle. 

I have no ill will towards him.

I have no ill will towards him from his time here, I'm not one of those who thought he was actually going to stay 25 years and build a dynasty.  But I'm with rma - I thought he whined too much about everything.  The kind of coach I enjoy seeing lose their minds on the other team (see: John Groce).  I'm a more reserved coach myself (soccer), I've never seen the benefit to being a raving lunatic towards the refs and my own players.

I do think he has to show more results at ASU if he wants to reach escape velocity to get out of their orbit and to a bigger college basketball planet.  Losing by 40 to what is admittedly a usually good St Mary's program isn't going to help him.

Moe Szyszlak: "I'm a well-wisher, in that I don't wish you any specific harm."

Edited by enrique14150
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t have any ill will towards Hurley? I know our marriage with him didn’t last long and ended horribly but his hiring got this whole thing rolling. And we trounced them in the tournament last year. To me that was the whole thing coming full circle. 

He left for the money and the money hasn't brought success.

Maybe he isn't that great of a coach and was just a big name for a MAC school.  It is starting too look that way.  I like our current staff better anyways.

3 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

He left for the money and the money hasn't brought success.

Maybe he isn't that great of a coach and was just a big name for a MAC school.  It is starting too look that way.  I like our current staff better anyways.

I don’t think anyone thought Hurley was going to stay in a mid major coaching position forever. Both Hurley and White started UB on the ascent level and how the last number of years were the greatest for all the fans. Go Bulls!!!!

• Like 1

I agree Hurley has to begin to show more at ASU. But in his 4 years at the helm there he’s had success. He’s taken them to back to back NCAAs for the first time since the 60s. It’s time for him and that program to elevate to the next level Though. Meaning win a conference title and a sweet 16 run. Or else he could flame out. I also do agree his antics aren’t for my taste but his antics aren’t our problem anymore. 

The PAC 12 is better this year as a whole. Yea ASU got trounced last night but then Utah goes and bears Kentucky. So the league is trending back up. 

ASU only got into the NCAA because the Pac 12 is a power conference and if ASU didn't make it last year the Pac 12 would of only had one bid in 2018 and two bids in 2019.  They were given credit for beating Pac 12 teams as if they were good even though they weren't any good.

The Pac 12 has not been good and that's the only reason ASU has been able to get wins.  They are not a good program.

6 minutes ago, dutchcountry7 said:

ASU only got into the NCAA because the Pac 12 is a power conference and if ASU didn't make it last year the Pac 12 would of only had one bid in 2018 and two bids in 2019.  They were given credit for beating Pac 12 teams as if they were good even though they weren't any good.

The Pac 12 has not been good and that's the only reason ASU has been able to get wins.  They are not a good program.

I’m not arguing whether the PAC 12 is a good conference or ASU is a good program. Fact is they made the tournament. Can’t take it away now. Regardless of why they got in, they got in. Now they have to do more. That’s all I’m saying. 

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

I have no ill will towards him.

Nor do I. I never thought he was a great coach here, but someone who was right for UB after so many mediocre years. He got lucky in year two after starting conference play at 6-6. But to his and the players credit they figured something out and ran the table until the tourney loss. 

1 hour ago, UB85 said:

Nor do I. I never thought he was a great coach here, but someone who was right for UB after so many mediocre years. He got lucky in year two after starting conference play at 6-6. But to his and the players credit they figured something out and ran the table until the tourney loss. 

Agree. No ill will against Hurley. Seen some of the game against St. Mary’s and there was very little whining last night just pretty much sitting on his hands and talking to the assistant coaches the entire 2nd half. Ouch!!!