Cafe Frisco Bowl Kent St 51- Utah St 41

New Mexico Bowl C Mich 11- San Diego St 48

Quick Lane Bowl E Mich 30- Pittsburg 34

First Responder Bowl W Mich 20- W Kentucky 23

Idaho Potato Bowl Ohio- Nevada

Lending Tree Bowl Miami (Ohio)- Louisiana

Edited by ubmae86

6 hours ago, xDerekRx said:

As much as the Kent loss stung I'm glad they won. Looks better in that sense at least.

Great start for the MAC

I watched the whole Kent v Utah State last night.  Kent didn't have much of a defense, but they moved the ball at will.  Crum was really solid and the MAC teams will need to have a constant spy on him next year. 

Slightly off topic, but nice to see Miami lose (Sorry KJ), Maryland stink all year (Sorry Tyler) and UB win it's bowl. Job well done by Lance and the Bulls.

Back on topic, the MAC has held it's own during this bowl season. I expected UB to beat a (in my opinion) sub-par Charlotte team, but didn't expect much from the rest of the league. Nice job by the league proving me a bit wrong thus far.

45 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Not complaining about the Bahamas Bowl. Certainly was a great experience for the team. But the Quick Lane Bowl has a much higher payout and EMU got it with a 6-6 record, against a P5 opponent too.

I'm pretty sure that money gets pooled and split.

10 hours ago, promotherobot said:

Not complaining about the Bahamas Bowl. Certainly was a great experience for the team. But the Quick Lane Bowl has a much higher payout and EMU got it with a 6-6 record, against a P5 opponent too.

If the MAC is going to be a replacement team in the Motor City Bowl Quick Lanes Bowl, UB would be their sixth pick based upon geography.  They would take one of hte Michigans, Toledo or Bowling Green over UB all the time.

9 hours ago, rma said:

I'm pretty sure that money gets pooled and split.

It is.

Also EMU allowed Pitt to drive 91 yards for the gaming winning touchdown in under two minutes.  They then had to try the hail Mary with a back up quarterback as their starter was ejected for getting two sportsmanship penalties on the same play (punching two Pitt players).

1 hour ago, Bull_In_Exile said:

You're right on this, I'm not sure if other conferences do this or not but it's really cool that the MAC does.

Almost all do.  That is how Wisconsin complained that they lost money one year on a $13,000,000.00 payout for the Rose Bowl.  Yes they lost money on their share of the Rose Bowl money.  However, they probably made money once they included their share of the money from the other bowl games the Big 10 played in that year.