Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo vs Niagara (12/21 @ 2:00 pm)

BullBoy

57 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

My 4/4 replaces Sabres with WBB.

Me too. Gutsy game (well...gutsiest after coach tore them all a new one). And my favorite whipping gal Ms. Gaba had what I hope was her break-out game against a pretty tough, and tall, team. 

Edited by ubfan75
Typo

The one knock is turnovers. If we are turning the ball over like this against Niagara, that’s a bad sign. We have to clean that up. Aside from that our best shooting and passing game. Great bench contributions again. Hopefully Grant has learned that he can score from other places on the floor. Johnson still was not good. Graves bounced back. And Williams was superb. 

Happy holidays fellas. Enjoy time with your families. Hopefully our boys do the same then get back at it on the practice floor. Beat Bona!

• Like 1

No question best game from Williams as a Bull, played great all around and had no turnovers. If he is hitting that 3 makes him really dangerous, as it will open up the drive also. Only really negative to talk about is the turnovers, 19 is just way too much and most were self-inflicted. That will get you an L against a good team. Gotta clean that up for Bonnies game. 

• Like 2

With the tempo this team plays at turnovers are going to happen... I agree 19 is way too many, but games with 10-13 are probably more realistic for the pace of this team.

Nice bounce back from Graves and I agree with everyone that this was Jeenthan's best game and he is showing a ton of potential. 

7 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Absolutely. Anything less than a 30 point win will be disheartening. While no game is ever easy, if we expect to be MAC champs, this team must start asserting themselves against weak teams.

This is getting ridiculous. We cannot expect to win by 30 against D-1 opponents, and if we win by less, be disheartened. 

This is a younger team, and we will be more like the 2016-2017 Bulls than the 2018-2019 Bulls. 

Let’s be realistic. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ubbulls08 said:

This is getting ridiculous. We cannot expect to win by 30 against D-1 opponents, and if we win by less, be disheartened. 

This is a younger team, and we will be more like the 2016-2017 Bulls than the 2018-2019 Bulls. 

Let’s be realistic. 

Niagara is bad. They're not Dartmouth or Army, they are a 5 win season team. While it wasn't 30, it was a solid win. At times, it looked like a runaway, while at others, sloppy as can be. Regardless,  we were the better team throughout. If we play a team this poor,  we should always expect to win by 20+. With that being said, the team has to play 40 minutes to do that and not just rest on the reputation of year's past to do so.

14 minutes ago, ubbulls08 said:

Let’s be realistic. 

The disheartening thing to today's game is one that I've seen from several games this season. Some of the body language by players on the team is not good whatsoever. It's something that hasn't been seen in a couple of years and hopefully doesn't turn into a big problem down the road if a rough stretch of play occurs. A strong UB team is a team, not individuals, as we've seen in year's past. The whole is always stronger than the sum of the parts and there is a feel of individualism at times and that is scary.

2 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Grant had a really nice game. 5/5 shooting. Sounds like someone who isn’t terrible at basketball. Anyone have any thoughts?

Yes, looked good in early warm-ups and it carried over to the game. He was much more engaged on defense from what I saw as well, being more talkative while on D. Nice bounce back game for Graves as well. Segu needed to get a shoe on that was 1/2 size smaller today, stepping out of bounds 3 times from the left corner. Rebounding was excellent today, as it should've been. Turnovers were too prevalent and will need to be cleaned up. 

Williams, Hardnett and Mballa will be a nice force down the road. They're already a solid group but they are 2 Sophs and a Frosh. They will only get stronger as a group.

• Like 1