Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

G Mika Adams-Woods (2019 class)

admin

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, 961819 said:

I believe he trimmed us from his list 

Yep, he did. I'm sure looked at the guard depth.

Also is said to be going to FIU on a visit and UMass is putting on a full court press. They offered his 2020 teammate to get him here

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Yep, he did. I'm sure looked at the guard depth.

Also is said to be going to FIU on a visit and UMass is putting on a full court press. They offered his 2020 teammate to get him here

I feel like I am the only one on this site who doesn't think our guard depth is that deep. 

Guards - Jordan, Johnson, Graves, Segu

Wings/Forwards - Nickelberry, Williams, Grant, Fagan,

Big Men - Skogman, Bertram

2 of our guards are going to be seniors and we play a lot of 3 guard sets. Even if you assume that Johnson and Segu are going to take CJ's and Caruthers minutes, then there is still about 9 mins per game for the role Segu played last year.

With our 3 remaining scholarships I would try to get Andre Allen (or another Juco big), a freshman wing/ forward, and a freshman guard.

5 minutes ago, SGBull said:

I feel like I am the only one on this site who doesn't think our guard depth is that deep. 

Guards - Jordan, Johnson, Graves, Segu

Wings/Forwards - Nickelberry, Williams, Grant, Fagan,

Big Men - Skogman, Bertram

2 of our guards are going to be seniors and we play a lot of 3 guard sets. Even if you assume that Johnson and Segu are going to take CJ's and Caruthers minutes, then there is still about 9 mins per game for the role Segu played last year.

With our 3 remaining scholarships I would try to get Andre Allen (or another Juco big), a freshman wing/ forward, and a freshman guard.

I totally agree. We are putting a lot of faith in Segu taking a big leap forward because he’s the backup PG right now. So we need him to develop. You can never have enough guards and ball handlers. 

8 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I totally agree. We are putting a lot of faith in Segu taking a big leap forward because he’s the backup PG right now. So we need him to develop. You can never have enough guards and ball handlers. 

If he plays with anywhere near the amount of confidence that he had in high school then we will be just fine. We will get a guard, I really hope it’s Alyn Breed 

Nickelberry is a wing but he's plenty capable of handling the ball, I was watching his interviews and he said the player comp he gets the most is Shaun Livingston because he plays like a tall PG. Our guard depth isn't a concern to me if Segu is a 4th ball handler after Jordan, Johnson, and Nickelberry.

8 hours ago, trueblue32 said:

Nickelberry is a wing but he's plenty capable of handling the ball, I was watching his interviews and he said the player comp he gets the most is Shaun Livingston because he plays like a tall PG. Our guard depth isn't a concern to me if Segu is a 4th ball handler after Jordan, Johnson, and Nickelberry.

My point wasn’t that it was a concern, it is that I don’t think it is necessarily deterring guard prospects. We only have 4 true guards on the roster next year and 3 are upperclassmen. That means a lot of minutes will be opening up soon.

Edited by SGBull
Typo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SGBull said:

My point wasn’t that it was a concern, it is that I don’t think it is necessarily deterring guard prospects. We only have 4 true guards on the roster next year and 4 are upperclassmen. That means a lot of minutes will be opening up soon.

Ahhh I read it wrong, I agree though we should be a very attractive destination for guards for that reason as well as our style of play being very guard friendly 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...