Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo vs Olean CC (12/30 @ 7:00 pm)

Jeseph

Here is what I am looking for tonight as keys to UB win -

1. Keep turnovers down to around 11/12,
  2. Shoot well from FT line - if this figures to be a close game - 2 missed free throws could be difference.
  3. Help on interior defense - limit easy opportunities.
  4. Continue to work for offensive rebounds - second chance points may be the difference of a few points in a close game.

Looking to end OOC with a win.

1 hour ago, Buffalobonnie said:

I will see some of you there?  Can’t wait to leave my job (which I like) and watch a good game.  This seems like it might be fun. Doesn’t really seem like work.   I know there are two pre game parties for Bona fans so your hopes of not having many of us there might not come through.  I think you will see a very close game. Bona is extremely young.  They have won 7 in a row, but are inconsistent.  If the good Bonnies show up I think we finish the decade 8-2 versus UB. If the so-so Bonnies show up I think we finish the decade 7-3.  

I think if the lousy Bulls show up, we still win 85-75. Dont start none wont be none. We don't bring ready made excuses, just attitude! lol

Edited by blue

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

2. Shoot well from FT line - if this figures to be a close game - 2 missed free throws could be difference.
  4. Continue to work for offensive rebounds - second chance points may be the difference of a few points in a close game.

I doubt that #1 happens, we play too fast and loose against a good team like Bona. Hopefully not too far above that number though!

# 2 seems reasonable, but they will miss FT during the game, just need to shoot a solid % as a unit.

#3 Must happen or else it'll be big time trouble. Some games it does, some games it doesn't.

#4 has been pretty solid this season. I don't see why it wouldn't happen tonight.

I'm betting on a 5 point win in a hard fought contest by both squads.

We need both Jordan and Graves to have good games tonight. Graves has had some mediocre games and can not afford to tonite if we going to win. Hopefully jeenathan can have another good game, he’s shown signs, just need consistency now.

Hope Mballa stays out of foul trouble, as long as he stays out there he’s gonna be big on the boards. Will Johnson ever have a good game scoring the ball again? 32% from the field is straight embarrassing for a Senior with his experience. We are 13 games in, there is no excuse. 

2 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

Brock Bertram is warming up with the team and looks ready to go. Fagan is wearing pants and not practicing. Dominic Johnson is on the sideline with the team in his leg brace. 

Does Brock start? How much do you guys think he plays? 

5 minutes ago, Ubbulls84 said:

Start, definitely not. We are trying to win this game. He plays if Mballa gets in foul trouble, if not he doesn’t or maybe 2 minute breather. 

Haha true I was being optimistic on what some people said on here about improving his game 

1 hour ago, Ubbulls84 said:

Will Johnson ever have a good game scoring the ball again? 32% from the field is straight embarrassing for a Senior with his experience. We are 13 games in, there is no excuse. 

I totally agree, he needs to show up tonight. If he doesnt pull more offensive weight Id prefer he comes off the bench and we start Mballa, Hardnett, and Williams together, when our bigs are healthy.

Another game, another game where the team doesn't play any team defense. 

Antwain Johnson already jacking shots and turning the ball over. 

Three turnovers in the first 4 minutes makes me wonder if they even practice ball security at all

Edited by Kevin

4 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

1- 11-12 in the first half? 

2 - I doubt that happens

3- They've scored at will, zero help

4 - Only 1

A disastrous first 12 minutes for the team