Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

James Rojas

trueblue32

Big time get. On paper I like the size and stature. Add him to the two JUCOs already committed and we have length coming in next season.  The two transfers to provide senior leadership hopefully. Along with another year of Jordan and Graves, etc. And a blossoming Williams and Segu. Next year will be a “down year” comparative to the expectations of this season but future remains bright and the cupboard stocked.

Does this complete our recruiting for next season?

4 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Big time get. On paper I like the size and stature. Add him to the two JUCOs already committed and we have length coming in next season.  The two transfers to provide senior leadership hopefully. Along with another year of Jordan and Graves, etc. And a blossoming Williams and Segu. Next year will be a “down year” comparative to the expectations of this season but future remains bright and the cupboard stocked.

Does this complete our recruiting for next season?

Nope.

Still 2 more scholarships. Rojas takes the 3rd of 5. 

• 4 months later...
  • Jeseph locked this topic
  • Jeseph unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, UB92 said:

I hated the title of this thread!  I saw the title and went "yeah".  Then I read the latest post.  😞

If James Rojas still in play for the Bulls?

Lol sorry, title updated.

I don't have any reason to think he is other than the assumption that Alabama was his reason for decommiting. Maybe we've stayed in touch...?

6 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Isn’t it great to feel soo loved by a coach that you are his fall back option in case someone younger and more talented doesn’t commit.

Isn’t that the case for everybody though? Guys that we’re recruiting now we didn’t recruit when we had Oats because we thought that we could get somebody better.

1 minute ago, rma said:

Isn’t that the case for everybody though? Guys that we’re recruiting now we didn’t recruit when we had Oats because we thought that we could get somebody better.

I think he’s referring to how Rojas and Hodgson have the Jamestown connection and are actual friends not just coach and player and suddenly Rojas is chopped liver to him 

1 hour ago, rma said:

Entirely different as 961819 described. Also I'll take Nickelberry and Skogman over the entire recruiting class of Oats and Hodgson all day.

16 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

We all knew it was coming - Rojas has officially committed to Alabama

Do we lock the thread now haha. Good for him. He gets to be a contributor on an SEC team (not sarcasm). I’m still jaded I’ll admit. Interesting to see how much of contributor he becomes? If next season some hotshot 4/5 star “has” to play ahead of him bc that’s what booster want.  

I know Nate will have success. I hope he fails yet I hope he does good. Just a bag of mixed emotions. Why’d it have to be Alabama though. I hate everything about that state and school. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Do we lock the thread now haha. Good for him. He gets to be a contributor on an SEC team (not sarcasm). I’m still jaded I’ll admit. Interesting to see how much of contributor he becomes? If next season some hotshot 4/5 star “has” to play ahead of him bc that’s what booster want.  

I know Nate will have success. I hope he fails yet I hope he does good. Just a bag of mixed emotions. Why’d it have to be Alabama though. I hate everything about that state and school. 

I'm split as well. I obviously have no vitriol against any of the kids who decommitted from us, but it's still a personal scar that makes me not want to see them do well.

Also, after Nate left, I kind of definitely don't want him to do well. But at the same time, I do? Lots of mixed emotions. All the emotions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ubmae86 said:

Also, after Nate left, I kind of definitely don't want him to do well. But at the same time, I do? Lots of mixed emotions. All the emotions.

Hard to imagine him doing well with Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn at the helm. And not to mention Florida, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss coming off decent seasons. And not to mention Bama and its fans are heavily invested into football and not basketball.

It will certainly be interesting.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:17 AM, mikescherrer8 said:

Hard to imagine him doing well with Kentucky, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn at the helm. And not to mention Florida, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss coming off decent seasons. And not to mention Bama and its fans are heavily invested into football and not basketball.

It will certainly be interesting.

Don’t forget Musselman in Arkansas too. Vandy even got Stackhouse. The SEC is becoming a premiere basketball conference if it isn’t already. Right up the with the ACC and Big Ten. I’m not saying Alabama will be thee team but with his current roster I expect them to be a tournament team. Lots of good coaches in that league. As you said will be interesting. No days off in conference play.

Edited by DooleyBull06

• 3 months later...