Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo vs NIU (1/4 @ 2:00 pm)

Jeseph

11 minutes ago, 961819 said:

You can have all the talent in the world. You can have a team of nothing but 5 stars. But when you have a coach that acts like he’s allergic to yelling and showing any form of motivational fire, this is always the result 

Bump 

3 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Ah yes, the good ole “run the play that hasn’t worked all game in crunch time” strategy 

It didnt work. Whitesell drops to 5-3 at home. 

If Jordan makes a single freaking free throw its a different game.

He's not good enough to go 40% from the line.

17 minutes ago, SGBull said:

Thanks for bolding that for me, I wasn't able to read it before. As I said, this should not be the attitude for any of our games this year. Looks like the team has the same attitude that you do.

This is the reality.  Sagarin had UB as a 75% chance of winning.  That is pretty comfortable.  Of course we know things happen but this should Have been a UB win.  And I am sure if you talk to the players or coaches they feel it should have been a win too. 

Just now, dutchcountry7 said:

This is the reality.  Sagarin had UB as a 75% chance of winning.  That is pretty comfortable.  Of course we know things happen but this should Have been a UB win.  And I am sure if you talk to the players or coaches they feel it should have been a win too. 

They've lost to worst teams. It's the Whitesell method.

Just wish they'd played with that same intensity from the last 4 minutes for the first 36.  Maybe this one will be a nice kick in the pants for the rest of MAC play.  This team is still clearly talented enough to make some major noise in this league.  They just need to put it all together.

3 minutes ago, UBlearns said:

Just wish they'd played with that same intensity from the last 4 minutes for the first 36.  Maybe this one will be a nice kick in the pants for the rest of MAC play.  This team is still clearly talented enough to make some major noise in this league.  They just need to put it all together.

The true definition and character of this team will be revealed. If we grow and put it all together great. But as of now we’ve shown we are and up and down team. And the switch from up to down can occur in an instant. 

3 minutes ago, UBlearns said:

That is what people said after Dartmouth.  

The truth is that the team is talented, but is missing a few important intangibles that will prevent them from being as successful as their raw talents indicate.   Certainly the intensity seems to be lacking at times, which is a crucial one    The coach has not yet been able to coax this out of his team on a consistent basis.   At this point, we know who the coach is and we know who the main players are.   I suspect this sort of up-and-down performance for the rest of the season.

On our best day, we can beat any team in the league.   On our worst, we will get blown out on the road. 

As a fan, I like teams that play hard and with intensity.   Sometimes, despite hard work and intensity, a team just has a good shooting game and you tip your cap to them.   Think Marquette last year.   But this team, this year...they aren’t those plucky, hard-working, lunch pail overachievers.  They seem more like the “turn it on when we need it / play to our opponent level” sort of team, unfortunately.   

I do wish Whitesell the best because I will always be a UB fan.   But I’d be lying if I said I am very confident he will be able to fix this. 

• Like 3