Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

UB Regular Season Conference Wins

UB92

# of conference wins by UB this year  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the OOC season has come and gone, how many regular season conference wins do you expect UB to have this year?

• 17 - 18; We will dominate the MAC again...even better than last year.
    • 15 - 16; Keep it rolling on the way to a likely #1 seed.
    • 13 - 14; A very strong follow-up considering who we graduated.
    • 11 - 12; A solid conference season and something for Whitesell to build on.
    • 9 - 10; Mid-pack. Can get a home tournament game.
    • 7 - 8; Up and down, including some road beat downs. Disappointing.
    • 6 or fewer; Teams taking revenge for the past few years.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/04/2020 at 06:00 PM

We now have all of the OOC data we need to make a prediction on how UB will fare in conference.

There are 18 regular season conference games in the MAC.  Since the MAC went to 18 games, we have won the following amount of regular season conference games:

2018-19:  16
2017-18:  15
2016-17:  11
2015-16:  10
2014-15:  12
2013-14:  13

How do you expect us to do this year?  Poll closes an hour before the NIU game on Saturday.

6 hours ago, 121Merrimac said:

Great perspective.  I don't think anyone will win 15 this year.

I agree.  I wouldn't be surprised to see that the best record in MAC is 13-5.  To add perspective, my saying my most likely estimate of 12 implies about 40% chance of 13 or more wins.    So in my estimation we have a solid chance of best record in regular season.

• 1 month later...

Recall that this poll was done after the final OOC game and before the first MAC game.

While multiple bins were available, only three were used:  11 - 12, 13 - 14 and 15 -16.    Thus, the expectations were exclusively between 11 and 16 wins.

The team finished with 11 wins, which is on the low end of expectations, according to those who voted.   I would have to say, based on this information, the conference season (from a purely W/L perspective) went slightly worse than what was expected.   Of course, one win more win and we have a bye (e.g. that home game against BGSU).

Hopefully, we have several more games to the season, especially one next Saturday night in Cleveland.  I am getting used to going to the MAC Championship Game watching the Bulls...it never gets old.