Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Do we know if we are done for this cycle?

HomeyG

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

New grad transfer OL from UMass, UMass fan on the CSN board saying he was suspended for 2019, 1 year to use.

https://247sports.com/Player/Ray-Thomas-Ishman-75876/

Listed at 6’5” 320lbs, big kid hopefully he hits the ground running with only one year of eligibility left. At the very least it’ll allow some underclassmen to develop more instead of getting thrown into the fire

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

A late addition for 2020, RB/CB Tahliq Battle from Christ the King HS in Queens. Big time recruits from there where we have several other offers. He has to develop at 5'7"180, only offers from us and Morgan St. A track kid so the staff must like his speed.

I checked out his film.  https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9015956/5d7ee8fd34530a0d28220311    There is a lot of him (at 5' 7") lined up wide and catching passes lobbed over defenders.  A few of him over the middle.  He seemed to play a little taller than his height, but the DBs were beat early and often in that film (I supposed a highlight reel wouldn't have him being manhandled by a 6' 4" corner back who committed to Ohio State…)

The film didn’t have an of him at CB and I wondered if he had any return skills.  We’ll see.

At any rate, the QB was impressive getting the ball over taller defenders to Battle.  I checked him out. Noah Bodden.  He has offers from Arizona State, Baylor, Tennessee, Purdue, Oregon, etc.  

On 5/25/2020 at 2:46 PM, UB92 said:

The film didn’t have an of him at CB and I wondered if he had any return skills.  We’ll see.

Based on his highlights you may be right. He has great hands and they may like him for returns and the short passing game, like Ron Cook was used last season. With all the RB's ahead of him returns could be his niche. We should be building singular, stronger special teams units and letting the RB's and DB's focus on their main roles. 

Edited by RecoveringHillbilly