Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jeseph

Ohio @ Buffalo (1/14 @ 7:00 pm)

Preston is having a really good year. Big guard who does it all. Hopefully Jordan can slow him down.

Would live to see more minutes for Brock after a productive last game. Segu at this point is starting to surpass Johnson and Segu should be getting more minutes. 

Maybe Johnson being on the bench can provide a spark for him. 

Hopefully we can get some production from bench guys like Hardnett or Nickelberry.

• Like 1

I’d like to see the change to the starting lineup. Segu in and Johnson to a sixth man role. Would also like to see Brock’s minutes increase, of course he’s still working back into game shape. I want to see the bench step up more. They don’t have to score but just be good fundamentally. Don’t come in with a 9 point lead then lose it all. I agree with @mikescherrer8 on these points. I want to see the things that make us good...ball movement (assist leading to buckets), solid rebounding and forcing turnovers.

Ohio has some pieces that can present difficulties for us. Dartis can shoot,  Vander Plas is a big who can score inside and out and Preston is a very good with length. This will be interesting to see if we can play solid defense both on the interior and perimeter. Not an easy game by any measure. Go Bulls!

14 hours ago, mikescherrer8 said:

Would live to see more minutes for Brock after a productive last game. Segu at this point is starting to surpass Johnson and Segu should be getting more minutes. 

Maybe Johnson being on the bench can provide a spark for him. 

Hopefully we can get some production from bench guys like Hardnett or Nickelberry.

I’m really hoping to see what Hardnett can bring to the table with Brock or Mballa on the floor with him. I hope he gets the opportunity to not be stuck playing center 

Talked about it in my game preview at the site, but Western Michigan crushed this team in the paint and transition. Wouldn’t be surprised to see UB feed Mballa early and often, and deploy those bigger lineups. 

Hardnett out with an illness. Fagan not dressed. Who knows if Grant will play. Short bench tonight.

Update: Grant is playing 

Also high school prospect John Orogun 6-11 Center is in attendance.

Edited by DooleyBull06

Bad start.  I support coach but man, can’t keep dropping home games. That’s not good for business.  Cmon fellas, Make a push and win this one. 

Gabe Grant actually providing good minutes. Playing with energy and solid defense. That’s what role players do. 

Johnson also playing well. 

• Like 1

Worst half I’ve seen from Jordan in a long time. Bertram not getting shots up but he’s looked decent subbing for Mballa.

Too many wasted offensive possessions bc of turnovers. 10 in the half. Gotta clean that up. Ohio wants to slow the tempo we need to execute better on offense bc possession will be limited. 

Looking for the Bulls to warm up a bit in the second half. If I were Bols. I would play a ton of zone i and make the Bulls beat me with outside shots. Go Bulls.

18% from 3 in first half, pretty atrocious. Shooting around 40% from distance seems to be a key for this team. 

5 minutes ago, squire17 said:

Looking for the Bulls to warm up a bit in the second half. If I were Bols. I would play a ton of zone i and make the Bulls beat me with outside shots. Go Bulls.

They showed zone for like one defensive possession and it forced a turnover.

Preston is really good, I could see him transferring to a bigger school.

Just now, SGBull said:

Preston is really good, I could see him transferring to a bigger school.

Or going pro. In their game against Perdue many scouts were there to see him.

Johnson is having his best game of the year, hopefully he has turned the corner.

• Like 1

Just now, SGBull said:

Johnson is having his best game of the year, hopefully he has turned the corner.

Really bad decision not to give Jordan the ball after his rebound but it worked out with him going coast to coast for the bucket. Hamilton and Conner started hitting their stride about now. 

This is the Johnson we all expected. Playing solid defense, boxing out, and using his driving ability to score, which has given him confidence on his outside shot. He’s playing like a senior!

Jeremy Harris is also in attendance.