Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

WMU @ Buffalo (1/21 @ 7:00 pm)

Jeseph

WMU comes to Alumni sitting at 2-3 in MAC play but beat Kent and have been in every game except for a 15pt loss in Akron.

Can't say that I've watched them play but Flowers scores 18+ a game and over the years Bulls teams have been susceptible to big games for individual players.

Hope to see our defensive trend of-late continue as wins are going to get harder to come by when we play some of the top of the conference.

GO BULLS

• Like 1

Two things we have to guard against...1) a letdown after 3 straight wins and 2) overlooking the opponent with Kent State looming on Friday. We’ve seen clunkers at home against lesser opponents, this will be as much a mental test as anything. Good barometer of how far we’ve come in that regard.

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Erie County said:

They are by far the worst team in the MAC (245th KenPom)

They are at home. It should be a 10+ point win.

Some of the worst games of the season have been at home though (Dartmouth, Army, NIU, Ohio). I almost wish this was on the road in front of no fans.

Hope to see a home game where they come out with intensity on both ends of the floor and don’t get down mentally if they start missing shots. Their losses at home were the result of poor offensive flow with a lot of one player trying to do it all along with lack of communication on the defensive end. Looks like they have improved on both fronts and hope to see a dominating effort against WMU. Go Bulls!!!!

7 minutes ago, 121Merrimac said:

They (WMU) just beat Kent, so I doubt they feel like the worst team in the MAC...

Stats are great for all of the fans to talk about before the game. In many cases stats don’t tell the whole story. That’s why they play the game. From one game to the next you don’t know how any player is going to perform. That’s the great aspect of sports. Go Bulls!!!!

1 hour ago, 121Merrimac said:

The past couple years the team met with a ‘coach’ for that from time to time.  I haven’t heard anything about that partnership this year, and wonder if he’s still involved. 

I believe he went to Alabama with Nate. If it's the same guy that I'm thinking of, he's definitely at Bama now.