Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo News on Josh Mballa

Jeseph

Josh, is a perfect player for our system.  First and foremost he loves the game of basketball and that is evident when you watch him play.  He is hard working and willing to do anything the teams needs to be successful.  He has a bright future here and I cannot wait to watch him develop.  I suspect he will win a DPOY award in the MAC conference before his career is over!

18 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Josh has been nothing short of terrific. I can’t even imagine where we would be had he not gotten his waiver. His motor is nonstop. Which is infectious to others. It’s evident in his rebounding and ability to run the floor. Those are effort over talent plays. He happens to possess both. 

Skogman would probably not redshirt if we didnt have Mballa.  Mballa has been great and pairing him with hardnett/Skogman at the 4/5 with williams at the 3 should be a good frontcourt for years!  Add Segu and Gaves at the guard positions, and we should be even better next year.

• Like 3

My friend who is UConn fan, couldn't say enough good things about Mballa.  I think I read somewhere that a reason he did not get waiver until last minute, was because Texas Tech was not helping.  After seeing what kind of player he is, I could see where TT would have been upset about losing him.  Looking forward to him play over the remainder of his career at UB.

Obviously it is really early, but based on the quote below I could see us running a bigger starting lineup next year. Segu-Graves-Williams-Hardnett-Mballa

“We only had, really, two front-line players that could play. Jeenathan (Williams) is not naturally a post player, but for those guys, I really think it helped and sped up their development.”

2 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

My friend who is UConn fan, couldn't say enough good things about Mballa.  I think I read somewhere that a reason he did not get waiver until last minute, was because Texas Tech was not helping.  After seeing what kind of player he is, I could see where TT would have been upset about losing him.  Looking forward to him play over the remainder of his career at UB.

TT didn’t renew his scholarship (reportedly) and he didn’t get a ton of playing time. I don’t think they were upset about losing him, but their lack of compliance is odd. 

1 hour ago, rma said:

TT didn’t renew his scholarship (reportedly) and he didn’t get a ton of playing time. I don’t think they were upset about losing him, but their lack of compliance is odd. 

My hearing that they did not comply was from a tweet - so may not be reliable.  I had not heard the other information you shared.  Thanks for sharing.  So it is a wonder it was so difficult for us to get the waiver.

I also heard that his waiver was only granted because he was pushed out of Tech and didn't have a scholarship anymore.   He is a good player.  I guess they just wanted his slot to bring in another recruit.  Maybe he wasn't a good match for their system.  I would think he would be good enough to get minutes there this year.