Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Tra'Von Fagan

James477

I could see Fagan transferring because it just hasn't seemed to work out/bad luck here and he has had to have already graduated

Nickelberry just transferred in, he transferred out of Memphis into a junior college and then here. Unless he has hated it here or wants something ie playing time or being closer to home. This is the best spot for him in my opinion

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tee4three said:

I could see Fagan transferring because it just hasn't seemed to work out/bad luck here and he has had to have already graduated

Nickelberry just transferred in, he transferred out of Memphis into a junior college and then here. Unless he has hated it here or wants something ie playing time or being closer to home. This is the best spot for him in my opinion

I think he’ll want playing time that he won’t get here next year either. Both of those players won’t get minutes with Hardnett/Skogman and Freeman/Robinson

i could see Brock playing closer to home, someone that knows him personally says he’ll grad transfer out there.

Could be 4 more scholarships to fill 

I don't think it's a given that Fagan won't have enough minutes to keep him around for next year. Skogman is a project and while Hardnett is quickly improving he has a ways to go before he looks like a starter. It's easy to forget that Fagan looked pretty good in very limited minutes last year. At this point it seems to make the most sense to redshirt this year and keep him at 2 years of eligibility left.

Fagan and Hardnett in a rotation at the 4 spot with Mballa/Bertram at the 5 with Skogman playing minutes as needed could make this a pretty strong front court next year. 

1 hour ago, NYS Bulls said:

I think he’ll want playing time that he won’t get here next year either. Both of those players won’t get minutes with Hardnett/Skogman and Freeman/Robinson

i could see Brock playing closer to home, someone that knows him personally says he’ll grad transfer out there.

Could be 4 more scholarships to fill 

I could definitely see brock transferring. But if his playing time continues to increase he may stay. 

Personally id guess we will only see brock transfer, Fagan stuck around after oats and I dont see why he would leave now. As for nickelberry I think he sticks around as well. He reminds me of mcraes first year here. Kinda lost defensively/offensively and seems to pick up bad call fouls from refs.

Speaking of fagan wasn't there reports he was close to a return a few weeks ago?

I think both are gifted athletically.   In an early non conference game, Nickelberry had a base line drive with a Tomahawk finish that blew me out of my seat.

David, like Grant and Tae, has yet to find his flow but like the Gabe and Antwain game minutes help.  I think of Nickelberry like Jeremy Harris .

If Fagan is indeed a RS Jr. then plausibly he could finish his bachelor's this year and grad transfer.   More likely he has just one year left plus what ever he can get in this year.   He might be eligible for a 6th year wavier for a medical redshirt.

All that length next year would be pretty legit!   Segu and Robinson would be the only sub 6'3".  Might be nice a see an orangemen 2-3 zone with Nate and David, 6'5" and 6'7", at the guard spots for 5-6 mins or certain possessions.

On 1/29/2020 at 3:03 PM, James477 said:

I think both are gifted athletically.   In an early non conference game, Nickelberry had a base line drive with a Tomahawk finish that blew me out of my seat.

David, like Grant and Tae, has yet to find his flow but like the Gabe and Antwain game minutes help.  I think of Nickelberry like Jeremy Harris .

If Fagan is indeed a RS Jr. then plausibly he could finish his bachelor's this year and grad transfer.   More likely he has just one year left plus what ever he can get in this year.   He might be eligible for a 6th year wavier for a medical redshirt.

All that length next year would be pretty legit!   Segu and Robinson would be the only sub 6'3".  Might be nice a see an orangemen 2-3 zone with Nate and David, 6'5" and 6'7", at the guard spots for 5-6 mins or certain possessions.

Nickelberry is really nothing like Jeremy. Jeremy had like 400 points at the same point in his two year career.

Hoping Fagan comes back for two seasons after this. He'd be a valuable, versatile rotation player.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 3:03 PM, James477 said:

Might be nice a see an orangemen 2-3 zone with Nate and David, 6'5" and 6'7", at the guard spots for 5-6 mins or certain possessions.

Careful, last time I suggested we play a zone to exploit an opponents clear weakness to zones it meant I was suddenly trying to turn the team into Syracuse 

• Haha 1