Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Bowling Green @ Buffalo (1/31 - 7pm)

Jeseph

6 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I think the free throw shooting is the most frustrating part of this loss. So many times we’ve lost a game that is literally decided by poor FT. It’s at the point where teams are now hacking Jordan knowing he won’t make them, and they’re not wrong for doing it!

6-13 from the line as a team. Guards who are primary ball handlers should be good FT shooters. No excuses. Crazy thing is Jordan has improved his FT% but that just goes to show how bad it was last year. 

Edited by DooleyBull06

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

6-13 from the line. Guards who are primary ball handlers should. Good FT shooters. No excuses. Crazy thing is Jordan has improved his FT% but that just goes to show how bad it was last year. 

The fact that it’s improvement is nauseating. He’s got his moments where he’s incredible, then moments where he runs right into three defenders and turns it over. Watching him play gives me anxiety cause you just don’t know what to expect 

Davonta Jordan has had some luck shooting over the years, but he's a poor shooter overall. He's fading FAR in random directions on every shot.

And just brutal coaching out of the half. So frustrating. This team might be who we thought they were. Sometimes clutch, often clumsy and weak-minded.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

The fact that it’s improvement is nauseating. He’s got his moments where he’s incredible, then moments where he runs right into three defenders and turns it over. Watching him play gives me anxiety cause you just don’t know what to expect 

I think that is primarily a function of him being asked to do so much. He has to defend other teams best back court player, he has to run offense and he has to be a scorer. It was so much easier last year for him when he had Carruthers and had three perhaps four players that could knock down the open three off the dribble penetration. Unfortunately we don’t nor he have that luxury this year. 

• Like 1

It should be apparent to all of us that yes this team has talent and is athletic but we are wildly inconsistent. Not from game to game but literally half to half. The way the season is unfolding there is no dominant MAC team and anyone can beat anyone on any given day. I see us being 10-8 and having to win 4 tournament games. And with our inconsistency, it will be an uphill battle.

2 minutes ago, SGBull said:

Graves shot 11-21, not sure why he is getting the blame when Jordan shot 4-15.

Bc ppl are just going to remember the final 2 minutes. 

Its a team effort and team loss. Lots of bad play in that second half. You can point to many examples. Rondo 3-11 forcing bad shots. Grant losing his head off that rebound. Team loss.

Edited by DooleyBull06

15 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I think the free throw shooting is the most frustrating part of this loss. So many times we’ve lost a game that is literally decided by poor FT. It’s at the point where teams are now hacking Jordan knowing he won’t make them, and they’re not wrong for doing it!

When Huger had BG foul Jordan in the backcourt, I thought it was brilliant - it didn’t look so great when Williams got the rebound off the miss, but he was fouled and also missed the front end of the 1and1.

2 minutes ago, squire17 said:

When Huger had BG foul Jordan in the backcourt, I thought it was brilliant - it didn’t look so great when Williams got the rebound off the miss, but he was fouled and also missed the front end of the 1and1.

Not being prepared for hack a Jordan should not be an issue going forward. Tonight we learned the harsh lesson going forward we should be ready and prepared for it.

17 minutes ago, UB85 said:

I think that is primarily a function of him being asked to do so much. He has to defend other teams best back court player, he has to run offense and he has to be a scorer. It was so much easier last year for him when he had Carruthers and had three perhaps four players that could knock down the open three off the dribble penetration. Unfortunately we don’t nor he have that luxury this year. 

I know this team doesn’t have a lot of great shooters, that parts obvious, but when you run into three defenders you have at least 2-3 open players of your own. You gotta kick it out at that point and trust them to make the shot. Sometimes he does, but not as often as he should 

52 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I know this team doesn’t have a lot of great shooters, that parts obvious, but when you run into three defenders you have at least 2-3 open players of your own. You gotta kick it out at that point and trust them to make the shot. Sometimes he does, but not as often as he should 

Basketball 101. Way too many drives into defenders l adding to forced shots rather than kick outs.