Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

CMU @ Buffalo (2/7 - 9pm)

Jeseph

9pm ESPNU (Blackout promo) game against what is turning out to be a top-tier MAC team.

Better show up for this one or crowds are going to be thin down the stretch.

IDK what to say -- defend, don't turn the ball over, make free throws, care, try, beat a dead horse?

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

I wouldn't want to sit and think about losing 4 of the last 5 for a week but I'm honestly not sure if this team is worried about it.

I was speaking more in terms of getting practice and video time in. Back to the grind of trying to work on things we have issues with.

Edited by DooleyBull06
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, skrabukes said:

Hopefully the efforts on the floor are more than enthusiastic.

I took a look this morning at number of possessions vs Win or Loss (just in MAC games).  It clearly demonstrates that if the Bulls play more uptempo (i.e. with enthusiasm), they are more likely to come out with a win.

1622658242_Win_LossvsNumberofPossessions.JPG.4a4525d4bfac4f62624ca4d1491087b0.JPG

Note there are only eight dots instead of ten because we have two wins with 73 possessions and two losses with 75 possessions.  So I know it is limited stats, but 72 or less possessions, we have lost every game; for 73 - 75 possessions - it is basically a coin flip.  Finally 76 or more possessions we have won every game.

Oh and for added incentive - I noticed that Central Michigan, gets most of its minutes from five players - so we could take better advantage of their lack of depth if we run more and tire them out.

Edited by DocCas86

There is a Watch Party tonight in New York City at All Stars Sports Bar and Grill at 327 West 57th Street.  This was where the Anchor Bar used to be.

At prior watch parties pictures of the people there were shown on the screen in Alumni Arena.  Will it happen again, do not know.  But would you want to miss the chance to have your picture on the scoreboard in Alumni?

Be there, Aloha!

Edited by BrooklynBull

3 hours ago, MuchMany said:

Minor snow storm this morning and this evening. Expecting a weak crowd based on that and recent results. The enthusiasm is definitely down from my anecdotal interactions.

Last I checked 9483839282 students live on campus. Walk their asses on over

Not getting at you. Taking a jab at the student body. 

Edited by DooleyBull06

47 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Last I checked 9483839282 students live on campus. Walk their asses on over

Not getting at you. Taking a jab at the student body. 

Fickle students. We used to go in any conditions and any time. 

They seem to need nationally ranked teams to show up.....

Edited by NYS Bulls

4 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

There is a Watch Party tonight in New York City at All Stars Sports Bar and Grill at 327 West 57th Street.  This was where the Anchor Bar used to be.

At prior watch parties pictures of the people there were shown on the screen in Alumni Arena.  Will it happen again, do not know.  But would you want to miss the chance to have your picture on the scoreboard in Alumni?

Be there, Aloha!

When does it start?  I dont see any details online

4 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

Be there, Aloha!

Try Mahalo next time.

So far so good! Good energy and hustle but some ridiculous shots such as Johnson’s step back 3. yuk!

One of the things that drives me nuts is ball screen defense. The one thing you cannot do is step behind the screen a and let a descent shooter a wide open shot. You either have to get over the top, switch (Which can create mid-matches) or have the screeners defender step up alongside the screen to creat space for the defender to get over the top of the screen. It just basic stuff that we continue to struggle with.