Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Dylan Frye

squire17

I think this destroys BG.   We would have torched them without him.  It essentially means Turner can never have even an average game.  Key in on him and they’ll get eliminated in the tourney.

Having said that.   Still a solid chance we lose to them when we’re having one of those games.  

7 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

It wouldn’t shock me if he came back in March. The announcers during our game against  Toledo seemed to think his season wasn’t done.

When it happened and first announced they seemed to leave that door open

However I wouldn't take what those announcers were saying with any credibility. They didn't seem to know anything about either team or the mac in general.

Called mballa a junior a few times as well as calling graves a senior. And calling toledo one of the better teams when they are 4 and 8 was among the more noticeable 

5 hours ago, Tee4three said:

When it happened and first announced they seemed to leave that door open

However I wouldn't take what those announcers were saying with any credibility. They didn't seem to know anything about either team or the mac in general.

Called mballa a junior a few times as well as calling graves a senior. And calling toledo one of the better teams when they are 4 and 8 was among the more noticeable 

Toledo and Ball state have some of the worst in the conference. Toledo is especially bad and are basically fans from their UB Fan board. they basically made them out to be a 9-3 team, realistically they are really bad 

2 hours ago, skrabukes said:

Sounds like quite the prima donna.

Seems like it. 

I have never heard of a player leaving mid conference season and then coming back back 2 weeks later on "his own merit". 

Something sure is goofy with this story. 

It reminds me when Syracuse lost Frank Howard for the NCAA tournament 

Guy is about to get heckled brutally for the next few weeks by players and fans

I get everyone goes through things and needs time to settle and re coup but if its gonna be a couple weeks and you're back. Get the coach to cover for you, fake an injury do something to get out of playing. Don't leave the team, create a big news story and come back 2 weeks later

On 2/20/2020 at 1:40 PM, Tee4three said:

Guy is about to get heckled brutally for the next few weeks by players and fans

I get everyone goes through things and needs time to settle and re coup but if its gonna be a couple weeks and you're back. Get the coach to cover for you, fake an injury do something to get out of playing. Don't leave the team, create a big news story and come back 2 weeks later

As he should.

A LOT like what happened to Spencer Rattler in high school. The school tried to say he was hurt, ended up doing something bad that was never released. It was all to cover up an ESPN game that week.

No one has any idea what is going on in Frye's life.  You don't have enough information to call him a prima donna.  And anyone who heckles him is a complete jerk, in my opinion.  If his short leave of absence has anything to do with a mental health or emotional issue, then that's really a great response to try to demean him.  I'm really blown away by the cruelty, immaturity, and lack of class shown by a few people on this board.  Sorry if your dreams of your team winning the conference tournament just took a blow, but this is a human being we're talking about.  I'm happy for you if you had everything figured out at age 22.  Not everyone does.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fred said:

No one has any idea what is going on in Frye's life.  You don't have enough information to call him a prima donna.  And anyone who heckles him is a complete jerk, in my opinion.  If his short leave of absence has anything to do with a mental health or emotional issue, then that's really a great response to try to demean him.  I'm really blown away by the cruelty, immaturity, and lack of class shown by a few people on this board.  Sorry if your dreams of your team winning the conference tournament just took a blow, but this is a human being we're talking about.  I'm happy for you if you had everything figured out at age 22.  Not everyone does.

lol why not read BG's own beloved board if you think the reactions here are harsh?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Sorry Fred. Can you give us his address so that we can send him roses and teddy bears as an apology for our harsh comments and impending heckling? If you think that he's not going to get heckled, you must be living on another plane. He's almost at DJ Cooper level, but not quite, few have reached that level of greatness.

• Haha 1