Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo @ Toledo (2/14 - 7pm)

Jeseph

1 minute ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Every 30 seconds there’s a foul on UB. And a lot are cheap calls. Yet Mballa gets hammered the refs barely blow the whistle.

Anytime Frank Spencer refs, expect the worst. He's by far the worst there is. Thank goodness we haven't had him.this season until today. I remember when we had him a bunch when Hurley was here, lost control of every game.

1 minute ago, NYS Bulls said:

Here comes surge number 2

Just some more lackadaisical play. WTH is Williams throwing a back pass threw his legs. He needs to mature. And quickly! Just another ridiculous play after talking trash to the Toledo bench after a 3. 

• Like 2

Great road victory. Hopefully this is as much a mental victory for the teams growth and confidence going forward. We survived the Toledo run and and punched back. Something we’ve not done in games past. Keep playing defense like we did tonight. I really think the foul disparity was a catalyst for Toledo’s second half spurt. Horrible officiating. This was a confidence building gut check win. Go Bulls! 

Just now, squire17 said:

Wouldn’t it be better for CMU to win? We want Akron to come back to us in total losses.

Yea. Consider it a positive outcome either way I guess. Bottom line is let’s take care of our house. Ball St at home is huge bc a win would even the head to head against them and improve our seeding. One game at a time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Yea. Consider it a positive outcome either way I guess. Bottom line is let’s take care of our house. Ball St at home is huge bc a win would even the head to head against them and improve our seeding. One game at a time. 

Ball State game is for the bye pretty much. They win that, they are in great shape.

They lose that and they lose the tiebreaker to BSU/NIU/BG. 

39 minutes ago, NYS Bulls said:

Ball State game is for the bye pretty much. They win that, they are in great shape.

They lose that and they lose the tiebreaker to BSU/NIU/BG. 

Agree. There’s a path to 11 wins. I expect we should beat Miami at home and Ohio on the road. The tough games are the other 4. Let’s say we beat Ball St, lose on the road to Kent and split with either Akron (at home) or BG (on the road) that’s 11-7. The linchpin to all this is Ball St. 

Interesting: UB has completely stymied the top two MAC 3 point shooting teams- Akron and Toledo. Both on the road, no less! Seemed as though (especially in second half) that Toledo was easily able to get to the rim. Bulls are late in switching to pick up the driver.

Edited by squire17

18 minutes ago, SGBull said:

The next 2 games are huge.

4-2 or better down the stretch, including these 2 won, would likely get it done for a top 4. 11 wins in general likely gets it done, but it makes the chances a lot better if they can beat those that they're equal to, since they'd be 1-1 with each and 2-0 vs CMU, all of whom are in a tight bunch right now.

One game at a time. Win a nice one at home. Make AA your house again!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skrabukes said:

4-2 or better down the stretch, including these 2 won, would likely get it done for a top 4. 11 wins in general likely gets it done, but it makes the chances a lot better if they can beat those that they're equal to, since they'd be 1-1 with each and 2-0 vs CMU, all of whom are in a tight bunch right now.

One game at a time. Win a nice one at home. Make AA your house again!

Winning the next two helps be in a commanding spot for a bye. If they are going to lose, road to Ohio or BG would be the spots. Losing 1 or 2 of these next games puts them in a really tough spot. 

Not really interested in playing EMU, Miami, or Ohio to make it to Cleveland.  They’ve all had wins against the top of the conference 

Some are speaking like the game against Kent St is a gimme. Every game is a big game and must win. But the game against against Kent wouldn’t shock me if we are underdogs. The game against Ohio is one of two “should” wins games remaining. Miami at home being the other. The other 4 games can go either way.  Let’s beat Ball St first and move up a seed. 

I want the same outcome as everyone, namely going (at least) 4-2 the rest of the way.   I am not as concerned with seeding, as probabilities of winning MAC will be maybe 7% as 5 seed vs 10% as 4 seed.  However, I see how they play down the stretch as an opportunity to build confidence and momentum heading into the tourney.