Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Buffalo @ Toledo (2/14 - 7pm)

Jeseph

3 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

Some are speaking like the game against Kent St is a gimme. Every game is a big game and must win. But the game against against Kent wouldn’t shock me if we are underdogs. The game against Ohio is one of two “should” wins games remaining. Miami at home being the other. The other 4 games can go either way.  Let’s beat Ball St first and move up a seed. 

For what it's worth, Torvik says the Kent State game is UB's biggest underdog game for the rest of the season (+5.4), and gives them only a 31% chance to win.

Ball State this Tuesday (-1.7) and home to Miami on March 3 (-10.5) are the only 2 of the remaining six where he has UB favored.  +0.9 at Ohio, +3.2 home to Akron, and +3.5 at Bowling Green.

Of course, they were pretty soundly underdogs to Toledo by Torvik's metrics, and we saw how that turned out.

Edited by UBlearns

8 hours ago, UBlearns said:

For what it's worth, Torvik says the Kent State game is UB's biggest underdog game for the rest of the season (+5.4), and gives them only a 31% chance to win.

Ball State this Tuesday (-1.7) and home to Miami on March 3 (-10.5) are the only 2 of the remaining six where he has UB favored.  +0.9 at Ohio, +3.2 home to Akron, and +3.5 at Bowling Green.

Of course, they were pretty soundly underdogs to Toledo by Torvik's metrics, and we saw how that turned out.

This is exactly my point. No game is a gimme. With the exception of the Miami game, there are games we “should” win but even those are toss ups. I’m still not ready to say we’ve turned that corner yet. The last two games were big steps in the right direction but still many hurdles remain. Before we can talk about any game on the remaining schedule let’s beat Ball St. I believe, without looking at the schedule, the first matchup with Ball St was our worst margin of loss. And maybe the only game we really had no shot in after the first 10 minutes.

Edited by DooleyBull06

• Jeseph unpinned this topic