Al Golden to Miami (FL)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Al Golden to Miami (FL)
BRJACR75
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 10:24:37 AM »

He is a good coach.  He took Temple and made them respectable.  Not an easy chore.  He will do well in Miami.  Not his first choice.

I guess he could not wait for Joe Pa to finally freaking retire.  He would love to be in Central PA!

I'm thinking this Miami gig for Golden is his tune up for State College.  Im waiting to see if his DC will be following him to Miami as well.  I think the only thing that really held Golden back at Temple was lack of a solid Quarterback.  He basically built Temple as a reflection of Penn State football, solid D and solid running game first.  He will have an easier time recruiting there for those two aspects of the game, and he will have alot easier time finding the Quarterback.
clodney
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 10:30:05 AM »

He is a good coach.  He took Temple and made them respectable.  Not an easy chore.  He will do well in Miami.  Not his first choice.

I guess he could not wait for Joe Pa to finally freaking retire.  He would love to be in Central PA!

I'm thinking this Miami gig for Golden is his tune up for State College.  Im waiting to see if his DC will be following him to Miami as well.  I think the only thing that really held Golden back at Temple was lack of a solid Quarterback.  He basically built Temple as a reflection of Penn State football, solid D and solid running game first.  He will have an easier time recruiting there for those two aspects of the game, and he will have alot easier time finding the Quarterback.

I wouldn't call Miami a "tune-up" for Penn State. Especially if he bombs out, which I expect he will. He does not fit the prototype for a Miami coach. He's more of a UVA guy. We'll see though. Hokie would have good input on this.

"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"
Bull_In_Exile
Head Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »

Nope, I really think JoePa is done after net season and I doubt Golden will be successful enough in year one to earn the job. This would have been a good move had it turned up last season.

"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year
Hokie200proof
Four Year Starter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 12:02:06 PM »

Sing with me...

"Well the weather in philly's frightful,
and The U's offer was so delightful,
and since Temple will always blow,
Al had to go, had to go, had to go!"

LOLz.  Their best season in years... no bowl game... and their coach STILL gets poached. 

"Um, I might have fibbed a little about Quinn.  Yea, I gotta go, we're losing to another FCS team... by a lot" 21:1-2 - Letters of Gill to the Buffaloanians
everlast2504
All MAC Performer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 12:15:01 PM »

Nope, I really think JoePa is done after net season and I doubt Golden will be successful enough in year one to earn the job. This would have been a good move had it turned up last season.

Its Penn State i think they will go after a much much bigger name then AG. He would need to win the NC in order to be considered for that job
Bull_In_Exile
Head Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »

"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year
clodney
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 02:26:26 PM »

He is a good coach.  He took Temple and made them respectable.  Not an easy chore.  He will do well in Miami.  Not his first choice.

I guess he could not wait for Joe Pa to finally freaking retire.  He would love to be in Central PA!

I'm thinking this Miami gig for Golden is his tune up for State College.  Im waiting to see if his DC will be following him to Miami as well.  I think the only thing that really held Golden back at Temple was lack of a solid Quarterback.  He basically built Temple as a reflection of Penn State football, solid D and solid running game first.  He will have an easier time recruiting there for those two aspects of the game, and he will have alot easier time finding the Quarterback.

Its Penn State i think they will go after a much much bigger name then AG. He would need to win the NC in order to be considered for that job

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I know you guys all love Penn State, but really? You think he would have to win a national championship to be considered for PSU?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 04:14:23 PM by clodney » Logged

"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"
BrandedBull
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 02:29:36 PM »

[/quote]

I wouldn't call Miami a "tune-up" for Penn State. Especially if he bombs out, which I expect he will. He does not fit the prototype for a Miami coach. He's more of a UVA guy. We'll see though. Hokie would have good input on this.
[/quote]

I do not see him bombing out.  He has some talent.  He can recruit and the kids respond to him.  I do not see a national championship but I see a very competitive team.

2014 Better have UB working the Bowl!
BullsFanInChiTown
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »

good stuff by Hokie and BIE lol

BrandedBull
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »

Sing with me...

"Well the weather in philly's frightful,
and The U's offer was so delightful,
and since Temple will always blow,
Al had to go, had to go, had to go!"

LOLz.  Their best season in years... no bowl game... and their coach STILL gets poached. 

Freaking hilarious!

2014 Better have UB working the Bowl!
Hokie200proof
Four Year Starter

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 10:26:02 AM »

I cannot wait to drub his UVA-grad arse at Miami...

Most of the Hokie faithful are breathing a sigh of relief over this hire... because, as Randy Shannon has proved, without an Erickson/Johnson/Davis type coach who will let the inmates run the asylum (read - blow thick lines of coke off of South Beach hookers, rape, pillage and stay crunkin all the time), Miami just doesn't work that well for college football.

The fans are some of the worst, fair-weather losers you've ever met, the areas is so sports saturated that the Marlins could win the World Series tomorrow and no one would show up to opening day (I've been there and seen THAT) and the stadium is 45 minutes from campus.  Beyond that, the school really doesn't have the money to improve their facilities, improve the program... so if you're a 5-star murderer, why on earth would you go to Miami with some "plays-by-the-rules" coach when you can skeet-skeet-skeet all over the university president's daughter at Auburn, LSU, Alabama (so long as you bench 400 lbs and run a 4.3 forty)?

Al Golden (for as terminally Hoo as he is) has, to his detriment at Miami, a smidgen of integrity and his south beach "tune up" for Penn State will either turn him to the dark side or end in typical 7-5 Carquest Bowl mediocrity.

Book it.

"Um, I might have fibbed a little about Quinn.  Yea, I gotta go, we're losing to another FCS team... by a lot" 21:1-2 - Letters of Gill to the Buffaloanians
coolkatz321
Redshirt Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »

Most of the Hokie faithful are breathing a sigh of relief over this hire... because, as Randy Shannon has proved, without an Erickson/Johnson/Davis type coach who will let the inmates run the asylum (read - blow thick lines of coke off of South Beach hookers, rape, pillage and stay crunkin all the time), Miami just doesn't work that well for college football.

The fans are some of the worst, fair-weather losers you've ever met, the areas is so sports saturated that the Marlins could win the World Series tomorrow and no one would show up to opening day (I've been there and seen THAT) and the stadium is 45 minutes from campus.  Beyond that, the school really doesn't have the money to improve their facilities, improve the program... so if you're a 5-star murderer, why on earth would you go to Miami with some "plays-by-the-rules" coach when you can skeet-skeet-skeet all over the university president's daughter at Auburn, LSU, Alabama (so long as you bench 400 lbs and run a 4.3 forty)?

Al Golden (for as terminally Hoo as he is) has, to his detriment at Miami, a smidgen of integrity and his south beach "tune up" for Penn State will either turn him to the dark side or end in typical 7-5 Carquest Bowl mediocrity.

Book it.

I actually find it a little weird they don't have much money...academics-wise, Miami is a fantastic school and has a great national reputation as a research institution, regardless of their athletics. As far as Florida goes, it's by far and away the most selective school in the state...

"More seldom than not, the movies gives us exquisite sex and wholesome violence, that underscores our values. Every two child did. I will." - George W. Bush
CTBullsfan
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 05:34:35 PM »

Book it.

I actually find it a little weird they don't have much money...academics-wise, Miami is a fantastic school and has a great national reputation as a research institution, regardless of their athletics. As far as Florida goes, it's by far and away the most selective school in the state...

I miss the Hokie Rants, nice to have one back....
As far as Florida (not a State known for the academic quality of its educational institutions), I think the best one is University of Florida at Gainesville, not Miami (FL).
Hokie200proof
Four Year Starter

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 10:59:14 AM »

SUPER BUMP!!!!

I saw this warning and laughed in its face -
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Out of my way pussy warning... this. is. real.

I know most people here believe me when I speak about things when I'm not "in character"... but here's some proof.  All of the recent Miami stuff had me thinking back to this topic which was easy enough to find (we don't speak of Al Golden much on this board... part of the reason why ubfan is a bastion of higher-learning, enlightenment and righteousness). 

Check out my comments and others about Randy Shannon in this thread.  Then reread the Yahoo! Sports story and try to find his name in there.  Actually don't do that last part, it's short novel for ch1st sake.  I'll save you the trouble - You won't find Shanny's name.  I might be proven wrong as more of this scandal comes to light, but I'm pretty sure Shannon was a stand-up guy and tried to levy some amount of control over the cesspool antics going on in Me-ahhaa-me.  He obviously failed, but this stricter, play-more-by-the-rules agenda was clearly fought tooth and nail by their goomba, troll-like boosters who wanted to play mini-me mafia don and have their own gang of lovable, athletic thugs.  I'm sure they had a large part in his firing too.

It's just fun to be right sometimes.  It's also fun to see a UVgAy grad like (fools') Golden be right in the middle of a scandal involving hookers, blow, abortions and stinky cash, even if it wasn't his fault.  He had to know this creepy Ponzi-scheming a-hole was out there and threatening to write a Canseco-esque tell-all book.

Was Temple so bad Al?

Ok, we know it was... but really?  Me-ahham-me?  You'll need to buy a bobcat to shovel the sh1t you find yourself in bud.

mustang
Four Year Starter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »

Out of my way pussy warning... this. is. real.

This made my morning.  So glad you are posting again.

Buffalo '09
ubfan.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: