Akeel Lynch?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Akeel Lynch?
BCBull
Position Coach

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »

PSU doesn't have a RB commit yet so if he were to bail on BC I have to think it'd be for them.

Great are the deeds yet to be written in the Annals of the Armies of the Tribe of Buffalo.
kurtdahlberg93
All MAC Performer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 03:06:01 PM »

He did camp at PSU and got an offer, but still pick BC.  I was think a southern team may be talking to him.   Kind of like the LB steward? and UF last year.  He commits to BC but then UF offers and he jumps to Florida.
BCBull
Position Coach

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 04:35:34 PM »

He did camp at PSU and got an offer, but still pick BC.  I was think a southern team may be talking to him.   Kind of like the LB steward? and UF last year.  He commits to BC but then UF offers and he jumps to Florida.

Graham Stewart, yea. I think the UConn beat writers still expect him to show up in Storrs.

Great are the deeds yet to be written in the Annals of the Armies of the Tribe of Buffalo.
kurtdahlberg93
All MAC Performer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 04:47:47 PM »

They and every UCONN fan wanted him to commit to UCONN.  Everyone wants the local guys to stay home.  Same type of issues with UB, but most UB fans can live with a player going to BC or UF over UB.   However, if UB could keep the local kids from Erie to Rochester they would have one hell of a team.  This year alone Kelly, Lynch, Gannon (Erie), then there are few from the Rochester area one is a 4 Star 2 ranked DT in the country, Jones?  Very Soft verbal to PSU.  but I really feel like this new staff has done a great job with the local players and coaches.  Actually they have done a great job recruiting period!   
flow17
Redshirt Freshman

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 11:49:08 AM »

Akeel Lynch NY state football POY http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/player-of-the-year/post/_/id/3106/new-york-football-poy-akeel-lynch

Season ticket holder
Follow me on twitter @fromthe300level
http://fromthe300level.com
kurtdahlberg93
All MAC Performer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 06:01:57 PM »

I read this about Lynch, thought I would share.  Tevaun Smith WR/DB from Canada who played a prep year at Kent School in CT is apparently friends with Lynch.  They are both visiting Iowa next week.

Quote "Something else interesting-ankeel lynch who has been shopping for a while now (bc commit) will also be visiting Iowa that day. He is the Gatorade poy in ny. good looking rb. Lynch has been in touch lately with several other schools. he was all about getting a psu offer even though he committed to bc and then with the psu stuff he has been looking elsewhere. they are friends."
flow17
Redshirt Freshman

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 06:57:06 PM »

Lynch is to good for BC.

Season ticket holder
clodney
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 08:57:18 AM »

Lynch is to good for BC.

How is a 3-star recruit too good for Boston College?

"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"
flow17
Redshirt Freshman

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 10:49:22 AM »

NY state POY, you obviously have not seen him play. Should be a 4 star.  When I think of good college football schools, BC is not at the top of my list.  Surprised K State didnt give him a look since they have the youngest Gronkowski.  The only thing that may hinder him are his injuries.  Missed last years MMA championship game, missed 2nd half of Aquinas game, and basically missed 2nd half of this years MMA championship game against Joes.

Season ticket holder
clodney
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 12:44:43 PM »

NY state POY, you obviously have not seen him play. Should be a 4 star.  When I think of good college football schools, BC is not at the top of my list.  Surprised K State didnt give him a look since they have the youngest Gronkowski.  The only thing that may hinder him are his injuries.  Missed last years MMA championship game, missed 2nd half of Aquinas game, and basically missed 2nd half of this years MMA championship game against Joes.

Not to be a dick, but have you only watched college football for 1 year? BC over the past 5 years has averaged over 10 spots higher in the RPI rankings than Kansas State for football. Granted, BC was awful this year, but they have a pretty solid history of being very good. They certainly are a team worthy of 4-star recruits(if you insist that's what he is). They're arguably the most consistently solid team from the Northeast over the past 20 years. (Just a note: I hate BC, but claiming any HS player from NYS is too good for BC is not right)

"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"
flow17
Redshirt Freshman

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 04:29:23 PM »

This is just not any high school football player from NY.  He is "the best" in NY.  So yes I think he is better than the talent BC currently has and can go to a better football school.  Since 2000 BC has only had two 10 win seasons, 8-5 in 2009, 7-6 last year and 3-7 this year.  If I am a recruit, I want to go to a school that has been winning the past couple of years.  Just my opinion.  Why not see a WNY go to a big time school and make a name for himself?  As a Canisius High grad, I want to see someone represent the MMA at the highest level.

Season ticket holder
clodney
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 05:03:55 PM »

This is just not any high school football player from NY.  He is "the best" in NY.  So yes I think he is better than the talent BC currently has and can go to a better football school.  Since 2000 BC has only had two 10 win seasons, 8-5 in 2009, 7-6 last year and 3-7 this year.  If I am a recruit, I want to go to a school that has been winning the past couple of years.  Just my opinion.  Why not see a WNY go to a big time school and make a name for himself?  As a Canisius High grad, I want to see someone represent the MMA at the highest level.

OK, first off, the "best in NY" means absolutely nothing considering how pathetic NYS high school football is on the national level. Sure, we have a diamond in the rough every so often with guys like Mike Hart, but we also have guys like Dan Scala who two years ago was "the best player in NY", yet he didn't even get a single offer from an FBS school so he decided to just end his career. You never know what you're going to get from NYS and honestly I would put some stock into the fact that all 3 recruiting sites have him listed as a middle of the road recruit. If he was as good as you say, he would have offers from programs like the Alabama's and the Oklahoma's of the world.

Either way, I still can't figure out for the life of me why you don't consider BC a "big time school" yet you think Kansas St is? You say "BC has only won ten games twice in the past 10 seasons". Boston College went 12 straight seasons getting into a Bowl Game and they went 8-4 in those games. Kansas St has gone to two bowl games in the last 7 seasons and lost them both by a combined 29 points. Just because BC is currently down doesn't mean they aren't a great school. Their fans, however, are pretty tame so if you were talking stadium atmospheres you might have a point.

Otherwise, Akeel is a good fit at BC.

Dave S
Offensive Coordinator

squid4lyfe1
View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 06:15:13 PM »

I wonder if Matt Ryan thought "yeah, I'm way to good to end up at BC."
DCA
All MAC Performer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 06:38:39 PM »

OK, first off, the "best in NY" means absolutely nothing considering how pathetic NYS high school football is on the national level. Sure, we have a diamond in the rough every so often with guys like Mike Hart, but we also have guys like Dan Scala who two years ago was "the best player in NY", yet he didn't even get a single offer from an FBS school so he decided to just end his career. You never know what you're going to get from NYS and honestly I would put some stock into the fact that all 3 recruiting sites have him listed as a middle of the road recruit. If he was as good as you say, he would have offers from programs like the Alabama's and the Oklahoma's of the world.

Either way, I still can't figure out for the life of me why you don't consider BC a "big time school" yet you think Kansas St is? You say "BC has only won ten games twice in the past 10 seasons". Boston College went 12 straight seasons getting into a Bowl Game and they went 8-4 in those games. Kansas St has gone to two bowl games in the last 7 seasons and lost them both by a combined 29 points. Just because BC is currently down doesn't mean they aren't a great school. Their fans, however, are pretty tame so if you were talking stadium atmospheres you might have a point.

Dan Scalo is playing nowhere?! Wow. He was a huge deal in Section IX. That's ridiculous.

#MACsketball / #MACtion - Twitter / IG / Tumblr / Last.fm - Class of '12, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
Jeff_Lebowski
First Year Starter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 10:25:56 PM »

Dan Scalo is playing nowhere?! Wow. He was a huge deal in Section IX. That's ridiculous.

Bum shoulder. Says if it gets better he will transfer to a school and try to play, but won't try if he thinks it isn't good enough.
ubfan.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: