View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »

A picture of the new end boards in alumni:

http://twitpic.com/6kg2f0

UB_dropout
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »

That is excellent.  We have needed stat boards forever.

Does this mean the HD video board will be hung center court, or on the wall behind the player benches?

The State of New York will either continue to be an outlier as it relates to college athletics...  or we will conform to the way the rest of the country is behaving... We need to get to the point where nationally, everyone knows that (UB) is the premier public university within the state of New York
BullBoy
First Year Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 03:24:19 PM »

I would assume center court.. I am told that this process is being done in stages, so the videoboard is not in the arena right now.  For volleyball season they will be using just the end boards.. However, the lights were completely gutted over the summer and new lights have been put in.  All of that will be unveiled at tonight's home volleyball game.
weareub46
All Rookie Team

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 03:29:17 PM »

Sweet end board! I actually didn't know that was part of the renovation. I did know that they were redoing the lights and ceiling to put a new video board in though. If they were reinforcing the roof it only makes sense that the video board will be hung in center court. But we will have to wait and see
Buffalofan4255
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:16:02 AM »

I was in alumni for the volleyball game. Here's what I saw

-The two new videoboards on either side of the arena are awesome. Very good quality

-The lights are...great. Theres so many new and different lights that are everywhere. Theres lights around the track that look really nice..and in the "sky" theres these Star looking lights that hang from the ceiling. The lighting is really great

-I didnt get to hear the sound system...But I could see it. They have these HUGE white boxes that surround the videoboard. From afar, they look like Bose speakers...but they look like REALLY high quality.

-The speakers were set up around the going-to-be videoboard...and from the outer perimeter and depth of the sound system...it looks like the video board will be HUGE. It looks like itll be rectagular in shape...not square..and the lengthier part will face the good way.

Alumni looks way different...
DCA
All MAC Performer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 12:19:57 AM »

-The speakers were set up around the going-to-be videoboard...and from the outer perimeter and depth of the sound system...it looks like the video board will be HUGE. It looks like itll be rectagular in shape...not square..and the lengthier part will face the good way.
How much bigger could it be? It's gotta be higher up, right? I remember a full court shot or two hitting it last year.
also, here's a picture of the volleyball team warming up under the new lights. I assume it's lit differently than a basketball game would be so this image is probably of little interest:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:26:52 AM by DCA » Logged

Bullions
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 05:40:40 PM »

-The two new videoboards on either side of the arena are awesome. Very good quality

So I'm confused. There are videoboards on the sides of Alumni, and the jumbotron in the center?

No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
BullBoy
First Year Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 05:59:16 PM »

So I'm confused. There are videoboards on the sides of Alumni, and the jumbotron in the center?

The boards on the side are not video boards.. They are simple LED scorebaords, but they have players that are in the game with points and fouls.  The only video will be on the center hung scoreboard I would imagine.. That is not in place as of right now.
BrooklynBull
Head Coach

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 09:54:13 AM »

The boards on the side are not video boards.. They are simple LED scorebaords, but they have players that are in the game with points and fouls.  The only video will be on the center hung scoreboard I would imagine.. That is not in place as of right now.

New center scoreboard will not be up until January.  For people who go to games for things like that you will be very impressed.  For those of us who go to games for the game it is also nice but would never play a role in deciding whether or not to go to a game.

myBuffalo
Four Year Starter

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2011, 10:17:13 AM »

Either way its a good thing. It will be this season regardless. I, unfortunately am stuck with road games only as our trips to Buffalo are not as frequent as I would like.
Look out Gadwin Gym (sp?) and North Broad Street this season.

Go Bulls!

Lets Go Buffalo!
ubfan.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: