Gill officially gets the Ax
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Gill officially gets the Ax
Bull_In_Exile
Head Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2011, 10:29:50 AM »

On your statement and blood alcohol level, bravo! One of the best posts of the year!

On the Gil-thread point, I think it's natural to discuss the exploits of coaches past whenever things come up, from Gill to Hofher, to a Brian Polian or a Jim Haslett, no matter how they did during their time here.

To clarify my point in a more sober state. 

I order to grow and move on as growing Sports Program in D1, we all need to start looking forward. Its nice to bring up what our former alum are doing now but at some point it get ridiculous.  Right now UB is Coach Quinn, Reggie, Watt, Mack, etc. Let's focus on them and not 6 pages on Gill

What has Turner Gill done for UB this season? Nothing, not a single darn thing. Why, because he is not part of UB anymore.

Everlast they are talking about this on the Nebraska Boards... Gill was a QB in the 80's and an assistant coach in the 90's... do they need to stop talking about it so they can grow ;)

"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year
verandaman
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2011, 10:33:01 AM »

Happy for Gill................suspect we will move along to beating up on Coach Quinn over the winter now :-)
UB77
Redshirt Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2011, 10:39:19 AM »

Maybe the program is also trying to move up.

From the Lynchburg News & Advance;

"Liberty also plans “a special announcement concerning the football program” at today’s news conference. Last October, Liberty hired Carr Sports Associates to begin an evaluation of the Flames’ overall athletic program. With the continued shifting of conference alignments nationwide, Liberty wanted to make itself as attractive as possible should the chance to move from the Big South present itself."
clodney
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2011, 11:09:26 AM »

I think some of us should go over to the Liberty message boards to tell them exactly what they just got in their hire of Turner. Their message board is being overridden by rednecks from Kansas that are bashing the $hit out of Gill and I for one plan on giving them the other side of the story.

www.flamefans.com

"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"
BrandedBull
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2011, 05:11:54 PM »

I understand this hire for Liberty.  Turner has always been front and center with his faith so this is a great hire for Liberty.  For Turner, this is a big gamble.  If he flames out with this team, he is done forever as a head coach.  I do think he will get more than two years to create a program but after two years, Turner was itching to leave Buffalo for greener pastures.  This is going to be interesting to watch unfold.  Good Luck Tuner.  We will be watching. 

2014 Better have UB working the Bowl!
CTBullsfan
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2011, 08:23:21 PM »

I like Turner Gill and I know he's a man who takes his faith seriously. I hoped he would do well at Kansas

However I've lost respect for him for going to Liberty and there is NO WAY I'd ever root for that team.

Here's why

Democratic Student association can't use the Liberty name.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/blogs/the-gaggle/2009/05/22/liberty-university-bans-democrat-club.html

Liberty University's Democratic students club received notice last week that it would no longer be able to associate the University's name with any of its activities. According to a Lynchburg VA paper, the club's leadership was told "

“There is absolutely no animosity at all toward any of these kids," Falwell said. “They are good, Christian kids who sit with me at ball games. I just hope they find a pro-life family organization to affiliate with so they can be endorsed by Liberty again."

They are anti- gay and spread falsehoods
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/09/02/311604/liberty-university-professors-all-gays-are-part-of-the-pedophile-movement/
Matt Barber of the Liberty Counsel and Liberty University School of Law had a chat today with fellow Liberty University law professor Judith Reisman about how GLSEN’s anti-bullying efforts are “sexualing children” and “running interference for the pedophile movement.” They agreed that all of the efforts of the LGBT movement (the “sexual anarchy” movement) are geared toward supporting “the pedophile movement.”

... and as one could predict.... one of their married professors is a sexual abuser.

http://www.thedurhamnews.com/2010/01/30/200733/durham-pastor-pleads-guilty-to.html
Moon, 45, who taught at Liberty University for 13 years, commuted two days a week from Durham and taught statistics and mathematics.

Virginia newspapers reported that the student who brought the charges against Moon had gone to his office to take a test and complained of having chronic headaches and back aches after a car accident. He offered to give her a pressure point massage and during the massage she fell asleep. When she awakened, she alleged that he was touching her genitals.

UB77
Redshirt Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2011, 09:44:52 PM »

Press release mentions that Liberty is looking to move up to FBS. But is the picture really of Gill? It doesn't look like him to me?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-12-15/turner-gill-liberty/51980940/1
DCA
All MAC Performer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2011, 09:57:15 PM »

Press release mentions that Liberty is looking to move up to FBS. But is the picture really of Gill? It doesn't look like him to me?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-12-15/turner-gill-liberty/51980940/1

Every comment on that article is saying it isn't a picture of him.

UB_dropout
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2011, 10:42:52 PM »

Every comment on that article is saying it isn't a picture of him.

Always had the same problem at Buffalo.  Web sites were always putting up pics of Danny Barrett in articles about Gill.   One black man is the same as another, I guess.

The State of New York will either continue to be an outlier as it relates to college athletics...  or we will conform to the way the rest of the country is behaving... We need to get to the point where nationally, everyone knows that (UB) is the premier public university within the state of New York
Bullsalumfan
Prospect

View Profile Email
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2011, 11:10:14 PM »

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=10854&TeamID=9     

Same old turner gill speech.. Interesting choice for him. If Liberty does move into the direction of FBS then im thinking Gill is right man for the job and he will be able to bring in recruits and he seems to think they have the facilities... He did it a Buffalo with NO facilities. But if they stay in the fcs for a few years then i dont know what he was thinking.. You go from  Head coach at UB to Kansas( didnt have enough time) to a 1AA school? I thought he would get a shot in the MAC or C-USA or something...

Shoulda stay at Buffalo Turner!
Hokie200proof
Four Year Starter

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »

Also count me out for rooting for Gill @ Liberty. 

Not happening.  When he leaves there I might get back on the bandwagon.

"Um, I might have fibbed a little about Quinn.  Yea, I gotta go, we're losing to another FCS team... by a lot" 21:1-2 - Letters of Gill to the Buffaloanians
clodney
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 20, 2011, 12:33:52 PM »

I didn't know anything about that school until this whole Gill thing and now after reading about their "3,000 year old dinosaur fossils" and their ban of a student Democrat Club, I think I'll jump off of the Turner Gill support bandwagon as well.

"Don’t give me that WNY is getting favorable treatment here. WNY was getting screwed for years and this bill does very little to equalize things. We don’t want to hold back SB/BU & UA but UB has been working on 2020 for 5 years. Don’t say, ‘Because you’re at the finish line you have to wait for us'"
everlast2504
All MAC Performer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »

http://saveandrewgarib.com/?page=templates/article&articleid=333

liberty at a glace.

I am truly shocked they hired a black head coach in a multiracial marriage. 

After all they shut down the democratic club there for having liberal social views and being in line for an unltra conserative mindset it doesn't make sense.
RochBull
Four Year Starter

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2011, 08:50:52 AM »

Can't say I can root for Gill at Liberty either for the same reasons others were posting earlier. I wish him luck, and hope he can find a better coaching job soon.
Bull_In_Exile
Head Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2011, 09:29:25 AM »

I didn't know anything about that school until this whole Gill thing and now after reading about their "3,000 year old dinosaur fossils" and their ban of a student Democrat Club, I think I'll jump off of the Turner Gill support bandwagon as well.

Just love the tolerance...

Yup I hate freedom of assembly for folks who disagree with me on a political issue...

"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year
ubfan.com

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: