Tepper named new defensive coordinator
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Tepper named new defensive coordinator
Bull_In_Exile
Head Coach

View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:59:51 AM »

http://www.ubbullrun.com/2012/2/2/2766306/breaking-bulls-name-lou-tepper-their-defensive-coordinator

UB announced today that they have filled the gap left over from coach William Inge's departure. Lou Tepper who has served as defensive coordinator at LSU, Illinois and Colorado will no do so for the Buffalo Bulls.

He has also served as a head coach in the lower divisions. He has a career 101-75-2 overall record through stints at Illinois, Edinboro and Indiana (PA).

As a DC he focuses well on coaching linebackers. As a coach he has produced three Butkus Award winners – Colorado’s Alfred Williams and Illinois’ Dana Howard and Kevin Hardy.

He also the author of "Complete Linebacking" a 328-page book that was published by Human Kinetics.

"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

http://www.ubbullrun.com/ - A UB Football and Basketball Blog
"Is there a year
bullmarket
Verbal Commit

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »

Typo on the bold word. It should be now.
Lou Tepper who has served as defensive coordinator at LSU, Illinois and Colorado will no do so for the Buffalo Bulls.

Looks like a great addition to the coaching crew.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:08:42 AM by bullmarket » Logged
Bull_In_Exile
Head Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »

Typo on the bold word. It should be now.
Lou Tepper who has served as defensive coordinator at LSU, Illinois and Colorado will no do so for the Buffalo Bulls.

Looks like a great addition to the coaching crew.

doh....

"I will play fullback in the next game and I’ll have a gun with me. The first Buffalo man who shows yellow, I’ll drop." -- Coach Turk Gordon

"Is there a year
Dave S
Offensive Coordinator

squid4lyfe1
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:25:14 AM »

As head coach from 1991-96, he owns the best Illinois winning percentage (25-31-2) in the past 20 years

That's funny.
BullsFanInChiTown
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 05:10:49 PM »

looks like a pretty good hire on paper. I wonder if he sticks with the 3-4 defense

RecoveringHillbilly
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 06:12:36 PM »

looks like a pretty good hire on paper. I wonder if he sticks with the 3-4 defense

I considered asking if going to a 4-3 at least PT was a consideration for Quinn yesterday but thought better of it. I assume the 3-4 remains regardless of the DC. But in our last 2 classes we really focused on DL (7) over LB (Brown, Tammaro, Fink), which seems odd considering we will graduate 5 scholarship LB's after this season. The positive play of Skinner, Brown, Stockman and Monds, and a few good-sized underclassmen, perhaps allowed them to focus instad on stockpiling replacement options for the key loses of Smith, Means, Cahill and Dubois over this year and next.
BrazenBull
Position Coach

Flecking Casual

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 06:42:05 PM »

I know this generally means nothing, but weren't at least two of our signees from yesterday recruited specifically to play nose tackle?
BVFA12
Signed Recruit

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 11:19:53 PM »

At least it isn't someone learning on the job in an important position.

I have not given up on Quinn yet but remember that on paper he was deemed one of the top assistants. We shall see in a couple of months for spring ball what transpires.
Hokie200proof
Four Year Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »

Agree with everyone else.  He passes the paper/sniff test.  We'll see.

2012 is going to be a make or break season for Quinn. 

"Um, I might have fibbed a little about Quinn.  Yea, I gotta go, we're losing to another FCS team... by a lot" 21:1-2 - Letters of Gill to the Buffaloanians
Bull_In_Exile
Head Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 02:07:29 PM »

I know this generally means nothing, but weren't at least two of our signees from yesterday recruited specifically to play nose tackle?

Yea but neither of them were exactly FBS nose tackle dimensions 290+ though they could still be growing. Even in our Hybrid defense they are a bit lite.

"Is there a year
Bull_In_Exile
Head Coach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 02:08:21 PM »

Unfortunatly, given his contract, I think 2013 will be that season.

"Is there a year
BrandedBull
Offensive Coordinator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 02:19:16 PM »

Unfortunatly, given his contract, I think 2013 will be that season.

This is an interesting hire.  I sure hope that he can turn this defense around!  He does have some players to work with. 

2014 Better have UB working the Bowl!
ubfan.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: