Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Durey Cadwell

Jeseph

7 hours ago, BrooklynBull said:

A student can back out of the Letter of Intent and go to another school if they wish.  However, unless they are given a release they cannot play their freshman year without a release.  Over the last 5 - 10 years there has been a lot of pressure on schools to grant releases in situations like this where the head coach who recruited a player is either fired or gets a new job.

Thanks for this. I just hope we can re-recruit some of these young kids if not all that we've lost. 

• 3 weeks later...

In the case of JW, I'm guessing he overreacted to his experience at Clemson where he was mishandled by an incompetent coach. Perhaps our coaches didn't communicate well enough, it appears to me, he was leery of not seeing enough playing time here. Now he can be the big fish in a small pond, to each his own. As far DC, he found his right fit. He didn't have much of an impact at Juco level.

2 hours ago, blue said:

In the case of JW, I'm guessing he overreacted to his experience at Clemson where he was mishandled by an incompetent coach. Perhaps our coaches didn't communicate well enough, it appears to me, he was leery of not seeing enough playing time here. Now he can be the big fish in a small pond, to each his own. As far DC, he found his right fit. He didn't have much of an impact at Juco level.

Not enough playing time? On a team with hardly any forward depth? The guy would have have been playing high 20’s per game here, easy. The move to me is just mind boggling.

30 minutes ago, BasketBull said:

I think people may be overthinking White. The kid is going to be playing his senior year of college basketball 3 hours from his home town. I’d have to imagine that played a big factor.

Good point, something went south, and I'm guessing the commitment of Skogman had a lot to do with it

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Good point, something went south, and I'm guessing the commitment of Skogman had a lot to do with it

The only thing I’ll say to that is: there was room for both of them. Especially since White was only gonna be here for a year. So I’m inclined to believe he wanted to be closer to home.