Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Malik Zachery (G - 2020)

Jeseph

I heard last night that he had picked UB. I however decided to be a fan and wait it out. But I did tell a few members close to me the good news!

A good get for the program,

He comes in as the third best recruit ever, behind Williams and Harris.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

I heard last night that he had picked UB. I however decided to be a fan and wait it out. But I did tell a few members close to me the good news!

How’d you find out last night?

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Where do you see his recruiting info? 247 doest have anything 

Just now, DooleyBull06 said:

I find it funny that 3pm came and went and they haven’t tweeted anything. 

Great pickup for us. His interview showed that we still have name recognition.

The guy he interviewed with last night was supposed to wait until 3 as well 😂

• Haha 1

Folks,  I have gotten to know this young man over the last 2 years as my wife and I have mentored him during his 2 years in Juco.  He is a much better person today than hew was 2 years ago.  He has grown up a lot and is ready to be a leader.  You will get a ferocious competitor and one who will absolutely make everyone around him better.  He is a pass first guard but make no mistake, when Chipola needed him to score he could get to the basket at will.  Also understand that he was playing in the best Juco conference in America against really good talent.

You guys are gonna love Malik.  Cant wait to make my first trip to Buffalo for his first home game in November!

Congratulations to Malik and Buffalo!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 10

Huge pickup, absolutely love it! We needed another ball handler in mix who can do it all. Our backcourt is now set. I’m gonna say probably Segu and Zackary will start with Graves, Williams and Mballa. We still need another impact wing who can play the 3/4. Nickel berry hasn’t shown any signs so it’s really important we get someone who can have an immediate impact so we can be in position to make that run this coming year.

5 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

The guy he interviewed with last night was supposed to wait until 3 as well 😂

An embargo.  People who violate embargoes are not given information in advance.  To see one at work put on CNBC tomorrow morning just before 8:30 AM.  When they announce the new claims for unemployment, they have the numbers, but sit and wait until exactly 8:30 before announcing them.

10 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

An embargo.  People who violate embargoes are not given information in advance.  To see one at work put on CNBC tomorrow morning just before 8:30 AM.  When they announce the new claims for unemployment, they have the numbers, but sit and wait until exactly 8:30 before announcing them.

Yup, doubt that guy gets another recruit telling him who they’re committing to

This is great news.  Congrats to Coach Whitesell and his staff for being able to bring him in.  Constant winning by the Bulls is a strong attraction.  Even in a "down" year the team won 20 games.  Only reload, never rebuilt.  Go Bulls.

Welcome to the Bulls, Malik Zachery!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dr A said:

Folks,  I have gotten to know this young man over the last 2 years as my wife and I have mentored him during his 2 years in Juco.  He is a much better person today than hew was 2 years ago.  He has grown up a lot and is ready to be a leader.  You will get a ferocious competitor and one who will absolutely make everyone around him better.  He is a pass first guard but make no mistake, when Chipola needed him to score he could get to the basket at will.  Also understand that he was playing in the best Juco conference in America against really good talent.

You guys are gonna love Malik.  Cant wait to make my first trip to Buffalo for his first home game in November!

Congratulations to Malik and Buffalo!

Well said and welcome!

Stick around for a while, we would all love your insight. 

Hope to see you at a game later this year. 

So I am a graduate of the University of Florida.  some of you may recall the point guard for the 06/07 National Championship teams named Taurean Green.  Malik's game is very similar.  He is always in control but if defenders don' respect him then he will score again and again.  he has a fantastic mid range jumper.  I am telling you in preseason practice this past year before he hurt his knee (minor injury that has completely healed) he had taken his offensive game to another level.  In fact in a preseason tournament in Dallas he was clearly one of the best payers there.  It is a shame he lost the year to a freak accident (damn you pork and beans) because we were so excited to see what he was going to become.  good news for Buffalo though is because of that freak accident he now has 3 years to shine!  Look forward to sharing the next 3 years with you all!  Go Bulls and Go Gators!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1