Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Malik Zachery (G - 2020)

Jeseph

1 hour ago, Jeseph said:

Not sure about Cal but Ole Miss is definitely targeting guards. Could help us from a promised playing time perspective...

Usually a good sign that Ole Miss is out. 

I'm expecting Buffalo at this point, especially with Graves promoting him

Would be a great add running a combo of him chanse, rondo, graves, gallion at guard (probably missing someone as well)

Also if we do get him looks pretty good on the program for future recruits as well. I got to imagine that future recruits will look at who is on the team and who they got recruited by

• Like 1

If he is indeed signing we would be deep at PG. Segu a junior. Zachery a sophomore and Robinson an incoming freshman. I think Zachery’s signing take us out of the running for Devin Gage.

Another question becomes Graves and does he return? I expect him to but you never know what kind of advice he is getting. If he returns we have guard depth. But if not we are short at SG. Either way I expect Gallion to be more involved going forward.

If Griffin signs then in the next recruiting cycle we will need shooters. If Griffin doesn’t sign a 6-4 shooting guard would be nice.

23 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I have a feeling this is going to be another Alabama/Hawkins situation. UCF isn’t some bottom feeder P5 team like the other two. This could definitely be where he ends up now

Loyalties dead in this sport all around. No idea why you even announce a final three and not pick any of them.

its rough right now 

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Loyalties dead in this sport all around. No idea why you even announce a final three and not pick any of them.

its rough right now 

I swear players trim their list down to their final whatever, then make their announcement date two weeks away practically begging another team to make an offer before then. If he really wanted to commit to Buffalo he would have done so right away. Why wait?

2 minutes ago, 961819 said:

Why are we assuming this is anything more than just another offer 

Maybe it is just another offer, but It’s still an offer from a good P5 school. Most players would take that offer over Buffalo any day. Again look at the Hawkins situation. P5 school makes a last minute offer, kid doesn’t do his due diligence, goes, but doesn’t play, transfers a year later. I hope I’m wrong! Just a gut feeling though 

31 minutes ago, Ivantheturrible said:

Maybe it is just another offer, but It’s still an offer from a good P5 school. Most players would take that offer over Buffalo any day. Again look at the Hawkins situation. P5 school makes a last minute offer, kid doesn’t do his due diligence, goes, but doesn’t play, transfers a year later. I hope I’m wrong! Just a gut feeling though 

He did spend time in Florida, so he may have been waiting for a Florida school.   But UB is in the running, in my opinion, because (among other factors) it is near Syracuse.  If he picks UB, great.  If not, oh well.  

1 hour ago, Ivantheturrible said:

Hawkins went to Alabama because he was committed to Oats

• Like 1

Just listened to a Malik’s interview, what an incredibly nice person he is first off. Second is that he has a child back in Syracuse, Buffalo is not that far away. He said he chose ub in his final 4 because it’s close to home and the coaches have a good relationship with him. However after listening on why he chose UCF, Ole Miss and Cal he doesn’t seem like he minds moving and his family is willing to move as well. Hard to hint who he favorites

Edited by Dabulls

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

Just listened to a Malik’s interview, what an incredibly nice person he is first off. Second is that he has a child back in Syracuse, Buffalo is not that far away. He said he chose ub in his final 4 because it’s close to home and the coaches have a good relationship with him. However after listening on why he chose UCF, Ole Miss and Cal he doesn’t seem like he minds moving and his family is willing to move as well. Hard to hint who he favorites

Perhaps Jordan should reach out and talk about how family oriented we are and understanding of the needs of a child. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ivantheturrible said:

I swear players trim their list down to their final whatever, then make their announcement date two weeks away practically begging another team to make an offer before then. If he really wanted to commit to Buffalo he would have done so right away. Why wait?

The wait is due to the recruiting "dead period" which ends the day he is announcing if I'm not mistaken

But yeah a recruit could give a verbal, which he may have and its being kept a secret. Who knows

34 minutes ago, rma said:

Skeete too

Malik was just on Instagram live talking with his friends, from what he said it’s down to Buffalo and Cali. He’s constantly being pressured to go to Cal but he’s smart enough to make those decisions himself. Said he’s going to make a decision in 2 days even though he said April 15th. Possibly just having fun with friends but you never know