Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Malik Zachery (G - 2020)

Jeseph

14 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

What’s the word on Blocker? Hopefully we are still on him. He’d probably get some playing time because we are short at SG

I had a little hope on this front because Kevin mentioned in his comment and I know that he has some good sources.   We definitely need to get some more guards with Thiam committing elsewhere and Zachery moving on.

3 hours ago, UBlearns said:

Honestly, knowing nothing about the inner-workings of this situation, this was my thought on it as well.  Unless I'm misremembering, UB never said a word publicly about this situation or Zachery's status with the team.  When the incident happened, it was pretty late in the recruiting game so UB gave it a shot to see how the investigation played out, but at some point it may have been determined internally that he wasn't going to be playing for UB.  Let him go out on his own terms and enter the portal.

It's like when a coach on the hot seat "resigns" rather than gets fired.  Everyone gets to walk away on good terms without a PR nightmare.

Other than I think some initial statement that they were aware of the situation, federal privacy laws prevent UB, or any other university, from releasing anything to do with a student's status.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 11:03 AM, DooleyBull06 said:

Peace out. Thanks for nothing. May you make the best of your second, third, I’ve lost count, opportunity. I’m salty on all this. Credit to UB for sticking with him. I hope he gets on the right path but what a waste this saga was. Good bye. Prolly best he’s gone for all sides.

yes.  Good bye and good riddance!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good for him honestly. Looking at the situation now, it seemed that UB was just going to stick behind him through all the legal proceedings, but didn’t want the baggage that came with him anymore. At least he still gets the opportunity to play division 1 and gets a fresh start. 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Good for him honestly. Looking at the situation now, it seemed that UB was just going to stick behind him through all the legal proceedings, but didn’t want the baggage that came with him anymore. At least he still gets the opportunity to play division 1 and gets a fresh start. 

If Thorpe was involved, our coaching staff are a bunch of great men doing right by these guys. Maybe that’s why everyone stayed during the transition. Kids know when people care about them. I know JW might need some work on in game adjustments and getting the team ready to play at times, but the dude has something good going on behind the scenes with our current players and the types of incoming players he is attracting. Most Division 1 schools would have cut Zachery loose day 1. If UB stuck by him AND found him a landing spot, kudos to them. Good luck kid, I hope it goes well for you.

On 6/9/2021 at 6:00 AM, UBinMD said:

If Thorpe was involved, our coaching staff are a bunch of great men doing right by these guys. Maybe that’s why everyone stayed during the transition. Kids know when people care about them. I know JW might need some work on in game adjustments and getting the team ready to play at times, but the dude has something good going on behind the scenes with our current players and the types of incoming players he is attracting. Most Division 1 schools would have cut Zachery loose day 1. If UB stuck by him AND found him a landing spot, kudos to them. Good luck kid, I hope it goes well for you.

Now, if only Coach JW would tell us about this on social media, that would make him a great coach.

44 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Now, if only Coach JW would tell us about this on social media, that would make him a great coach.

Personally I prefer that not to be on social media touting greatness of what they did for him. Sometime the subtle help in the background is the best for a young man like this move forward. I do wish we would hear a little more from the basketball program but not this. That’s just MHO

16 hours ago, UBinMD said:

Personally I prefer that not to be on social media touting greatness of what they did for him. Sometime the subtle help in the background is the best for a young man like this move forward. I do wish we would hear a little more from the basketball program but not this. That’s just MHO

15 hours ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I don’t need my coach on social media. Leave that for the players, press and the UB media relations department. I would like to see the UB media relations be more active on Twitter and Instagram. Promote the players and program more than they already do. 

Guys, you obviously missed my "sarcasm font".  I don't need him to post any of this on social media either.  I was referencing someone else's post that said he wasn't a good coach because he didn't utilize social media.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Guys, you obviously missed my "sarcasm font".  I don't need him to post any of this on social media either.  I was referencing someone else's post that said he wasn't a good coach because he didn't utilize social media.  

Apologies, I do recall that entry awhile back equating social media and coaching ability. I don’t think they go hand in hand either.

In any case, I am very excited for football and basketball this year so bring it on!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...