Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Portal

John

3 hours ago, RecoveringHillbilly said:

Jayce Johnson (Canisius HS) left MTSU but ended up at Siena.

Former recruit Gerald Drumgoole Jr has been in the portal. The ACC just changed their rules so he could transfer in conference if he chose. Hoping the staff have at least reached out, he would fit our need for our next skilled wing.

We just lost out on JUCO  SF Victor Hart, we definitely need some transfers

14 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

Posted details under recruiting - he chose FIU to stay close to home.

Would anyone else love to see us go after some D2 superstars trying to transfer up? If the P5 school are going to plunk smaller schools shouldnt we do that same?

I feel like basketball has a huge opportunity looking down a division as there are so many players and talent evaluation is so hard. Also kids sometimes grow a lot or develop a smoother stroke.

50 minutes ago, RoughToughBulls15 said:

Would anyone else love to see us go after some D2 superstars trying to transfer up? If the P5 school are going to plunk smaller schools shouldnt we do that same?

I feel like basketball has a huge opportunity looking down a division as there are so many players and talent evaluation is so hard. Also kids sometimes grow a lot or develop a smoother stroke.

Not a bad idea, likely as good a talent as some JUCO kids. The struggle is how do you have time to scour 500+ schools between D2, JUCO and transfers in D1. That’s a lot 

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

I noticed that too - on verbalcommits.com - there were almost 20 just in last hour and almost 800 in total.

I think this is the year for the moves with Covid, etc. they will likely grant an exemption to almost anyone with immediate eligibility. 

12 minutes ago, SGBull said:

Can you all make a new thread for this? I keep thinking one of our players transferred

I thought I had a thread already for this but I load into this thread looking for doom and I see more coaching arguments. 

There are certainly some interesting ways the last 2 years have been perceived. 

• Like 2

Kevin, The coaching argument has carried over into many of the threads, not just the Jim Whitesell thread.  I expect to see the Whitesell/con vs. Whitesell/pro argument to carry over to one or more of the threads for Football, Volleyball, Track and Field... very soon.  I have to say that I very much agree with one of the 2 sides.  I'm just sick of it infiltrating every thread.   It has gotten old.  

11 minutes ago, ChubbyHubby said:

Kevin, The coaching argument has carried over into many of the threads, not just the Jim Whitesell thread.  I expect to see the Whitesell/con vs. Whitesell/pro argument to carry over to one or more of the threads for Football, Volleyball, Track and Field... very soon.  I have to say that I very much agree with one of the 2 sides.  I'm just sick of it infiltrating every thread.   It has gotten old.  

As a member of the "con" crowd. I think our opinions have a lot of good facts behind them. However, I can agree that they shouldn't be taking over every post. Though, in some posters defense, certain people poke the crowd with every chance they get. Literally no reason to make stupid comments about Graves in every single thread that's clearly about the portal. 

30 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

Honest question - do we have mods here that can move posts to the appropriate threads? Maybe that's the first step in going legit and becoming Gonzaga of the East...😆 

I'm a mod but I'm one of the evil ones so I try to take a minimalist approach...

I'll do my best to clean this thread up and move the non-portal stuff to other threads.

EDIT: Ok done. Anybody that posts any positive JW comments in any threads from this point forward will get banned (jk I can't even ban people)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/23/2021 at 2:02 PM, RoughToughBulls15 said:

Will Regan knows it works the other way too.  Some players will be successful moving from P5 to MidMajor.