Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Portal

John

6 minutes ago, UB85 said:

In theory sounds great. But if you’re a recruiting guru their really is no best way to do it. Oats did well with both freshman and transfers. 

Yea. And Musselman at Arkansas uses the the portal better than anyone. Dating back to his time at Nevada. Roster construction is important. Finding a balance is important. It’s a yearly thing. I just think for this off season, given all the upperclassmen we have, bringing in some freshman or a transfer with 3 years of eligibility will be best. For chemistry, depth and development.

12 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

All quiet in the Western (New York, north of Olean) Front

Bonnies got a transfer from Wake today I believe and we had a recruit commit elsewhere. And no word on any scholarships being offered.  I gotta believe that the staff is compiling info and looking at tape to see who they wanna target.

6 hours ago, NYS Bulls said:

Nothing from nowheresville is going to be suiting up at PG. maybe another under the radar player like Gallion instead 

I have the attitude that 'no news' is 'no news', not ' bad news'.  There are 57 freshman point guards in the portal (over 800 total players available), not to mention JUCO and high school seniors.  I am ok with them taking time, as long as the end result is good.  That said I am eager for some news.

8 hours ago, DocCas86 said:

I have the attitude that 'no news' is 'no news', not ' bad news'.  There are 57 freshman point guards in the portal (over 800 total players available), not to mention JUCO and high school seniors.  I am ok with them taking time, as long as the end result is good.  That said I am eager for some news.

I'm fine with it, but its now April, and we don't have "news" of a single interested offer. 

You can't just default to "we will get someone good because there's a lot of people in the portal"

Safe to say they won't go the HS Senior route. 

29 minutes ago, NYS Bulls said:

I'm fine with it, but its now April, and we don't have "news" of a single interested offer. 

You can't just default to "we will get someone good because there's a lot of people in the portal"

Safe to say they won't go the HS Senior route. 

Valid point - I am not defaulting to anything.  I am as anxious as next person, but my view is I want to wait and see who we get before reaching a judgment positive or negative.  

6 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Am I ok to assume no news is good news with UB players staying here?

I think its good to see that nobody jumped into the portal right away because to me that means they enjoy the program and the coaching staff..However, I think it is still very early to assume that nobody is leaving.  Our season only ended about a week and a half ago so I am sure guys are still assessing their options.  

10 minutes ago, UB05 said:

Am I ok to assume no news is good news with UB players staying here?

I think no news is good news regarding that. Especially as teams drop out the big dance and begin their recruiting. We are never out the woods but no news is good news. Whereas no news regarding potential recruits is bad news.

16 minutes ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I think no news is good news regarding that. Especially as teams drop out the big dance and begin their recruiting. We are never out the woods but no news is good news. Whereas no news regarding potential recruits is bad news.

Certainly agree with both statements.

46 minutes ago, RoughToughBulls15 said:

Will be interesting to see if Gallion enters or not. Doesn't seem like he has trust from coaching staff to play meaningful minutes. Would it be better off to send him packing and get in another young guard who can develop?

I’m really surprised by how little he was used. He must suck defensively bc he looks like he has some outside shooting ability.