Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Portal

John

12 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

For the mid-majors who don't really *need* that guarantee money, makes total sense. Otherwise, why not use it as a "free live evaluation" of that high-major's bench players? 😄 Could be a lot of "eye for an eye" type transfers in this new environment. Just one example from last month, South Carolina pulled a guard from Murray State and within a week of that, one of South Carolina's top backup guards was off to Murray. 

22 minutes ago, Jeseph said:

This is kind of dumb to me. Until Syracuse or West Virginia takes a key player from UB I’d rather us continue to play against stronger non-conference competition. It’s a disservice to the program and the players to avoid it. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, UB05 said:

This is kind of dumb to me. Until Syracuse or West Virginia takes a key player from UB I’d rather us continue to play against stronger non-conference competition. It’s a disservice to the program and the players to avoid it. 

Ub I would assume isn't one of those schools avoiding it. As now ub should have higher goals of an at large(at least bubble watch team) and getting ranked. Which to achieve you need power conference games to do.

But it definetly makes sense for a lot of schools who really go after a conference title in their respective conferences once every 3 or 4 years

2 hours ago, Tee4three said:

Ub I would assume isn't one of those schools avoiding it. As now ub should have higher goals of an at large(at least bubble watch team) and getting ranked. Which to achieve you need power conference games to do.

But it definetly makes sense for a lot of schools who really go after a conference title in their respective conferences once every 3 or 4 years

'Cuse is a step down anyways....

• Like 3

I am officially entering the fan portal. I want to thank everyone here that has supported me on my journey while supporting UB. I am considering multiple offers from P5 conference fan bases as I continually look to build my brand and grow my ability to be a fan. Forever a Bull.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, TML1000 said:

I am officially entering the fan portal. I want to thank everyone here that has supported me on my journey while supporting UB. I am considering multiple offers from P5 conference fan bases as I continually look to build my brand and grow my ability to be a fan. Forever a Bull.

good luck where ever you go..

1 hour ago, TML1000 said:

If only we didn't let fans from P5 schools know about ubfan.com, they wouldn't know what a great fan TML is.

• Like 2

Sorry if you came here expecting some news... had a little time and put together a couple of charts on the transfers out of the MAC.  There are total of 57 players in the portal, 31 who have already committed.  Here is a view by team tracking ranking of team they went to and another tracking the ranking compared to player PPG in 20-21 season.

image.png.754af366e7921ef159adf2990d077db1.png

1 hour ago, DocCas86 said:

Sorry if you came here expecting some news... had a little time and put together a couple of charts on the transfers out of the MAC.  There are total of 57 players in the portal, 31 who have already committed.  Here is a view by team tracking ranking of team they went to and another tracking the ranking compared to player PPG in 20-21 season.

image.png.754af366e7921ef159adf2990d077db1.png

So of all that action two may have improved their level of competition? Not very impressive.

15 hours ago, UBinMD said:

So of all that action two may have improved their level of competition? Not very impressive.

I looked into it a bit more - and my graphic as presented is a little misleading.  Here are the details of those scoring more than 10ppg last season.

image.png.b9db747d52b236683817f9fc44c282aa.png

Out of 10 players, five players have committed to a team that is in conference ranked higher than MAC, two remained in the MAC, but are on better ranked teams, and three have yet to commit.  I fully expect that the three remaining players to improve upon Central / Western Michigan.   Based on this - I would say that, so far, these players have improved upon the team that they left.

I know Huffman may have only one or two years of eligibility left, but I wouldn't mind adding him to roster especially if we do not ultimately get commit from Blocker (not trying to start any unfounded rumors).  

1 hour ago, Dabulls said:

I was wondering if someone could explain the recruiting deadline for me? Would it impact our chances on a potential transfer or a commitment from Blocker? Thanks

https://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

I think this may give you what you are asking.  Most of June is considered a quiet period, with a couple of Evaluation periods.

What is an evaluation period?

During an evaluation period a college coach may watch college-bound student-athletes compete, visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents. However, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents off the college’s campus during an evaluation period.

What is a quiet period?

During a quiet period, a college coach may only have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents on the college’s campus.  A coach may not watch student-athletes compete (unless a competition occurs on the college’s campus) or visit their high schools. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time.

12 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

https://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

I think this may give you what you are asking.  Most of June is considered a quiet period, with a couple of Evaluation periods.

What is an evaluation period?

During an evaluation period a college coach may watch college-bound student-athletes compete, visit their high schools, and write or telephone student-athletes or their parents. However, a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents off the college’s campus during an evaluation period.

What is a quiet period?

During a quiet period, a college coach may only have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents on the college’s campus.  A coach may not watch student-athletes compete (unless a competition occurs on the college’s campus) or visit their high schools. Coaches may write or telephone college-bound student-athletes or their parents during this time.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, HomeyG said:

With his history we would have him for a year

True he stayed one year at each program.  He has not gotten in the starting lineup at either program.  If he could get a starting role.  Thought he is looking for more playing time, maybe opportunity with Buffalo.  Really just getting a bit impatient for last few slots.  Please forgive me.

9 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

True he stayed one year at each program.  He has not gotten in the starting lineup at either program.  If he could get a starting role.  Thought he is looking for more playing time, maybe opportunity with Buffalo.  Really just getting a bit impatient for last few slots.  Please forgive me.

Not being a douce. Just mentioning his history

3 minutes ago, HomeyG said:

Not being a douce. Just mentioning his history

Didn't take it that way - I am just eager to hear some developments, especially in terms of shooting guard.   I guess I need to just relax and wait for something to develop.