Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Portal

John

21 minutes ago, ub2019 said:

This is an intriguing pickup for the mens team. Averaged about 10 minutes a game for BC last year, but his numbers are pretty bad. 

Guy from BC said that he had ton of potential. Gotta remember that he was a true freshman in the ACC. 

35 minutes ago, Dabulls said:

Guy from BC said that he had ton of potential. Gotta remember that he was a true freshman in the ACC. 

This freshman Jones is eerily similar in stature (6’4” 170) and stats (9.7 mpg, 1.8 ppg, 58.3% FT) to UB’s freshman Jones, Curtis (6’5” 165; 12 mpg, 2.5 ppg, 58.3% FT). Curtis with the solid edge in 3P% (36% to 24%), assists per game (1.3 to 0.2), and rebounds (1.8 to 0.7). 

17 hours ago, Dabulls said:

Agreed, impressive that he even got minutes in the ACC as a freshman. Just can't ignore those shooting percentages though. Overall I think it's a good pickup for UB. 

36 minutes ago, promotherobot said:

Was a preemptive retirement? Will a shoe be dropping soon?

I don't know, I think a lot of the older coaches at big programs all had programs that ran themselves in a way. 

Now with the portal and NIL, you have to continuously work to keep your team. 

These older coaches already put in their hard work to create a name brand and now everything is starting new

1 hour ago, Tee4three said:

I don't know, I think a lot of the older coaches at big programs all had programs that ran themselves in a way. 

Now with the portal and NIL, you have to continuously work to keep your team. 

These older coaches already put in their hard work to create a name brand and now everything is starting new

I think you are 100% correct. Coaching average age is going to be dipping dramatically soon I think.

5 minutes ago, DocCas86 said:

One time commit Josiah Freeman is moving on from W Michigan.

At this point, when you are #2,000 in the transfer portal, are coaches still thinking about new kids? Or maybe it's a ploy to throw your name out late and you create your own buzz to get picked up. Timing of all this stuff is so odd to me.

25 minutes ago, UBinMD said:

At this point, when you are #2,000 in the transfer portal, are coaches still thinking about new kids? Or maybe it's a ploy to throw your name out late and you create your own buzz to get picked up. Timing of all this stuff is so odd to me.

WMU just added Tray Maddox from Cal State - Fullerton two days ago, maybe that played into the decision.

I have been a trying to keep current on data based on verbalcommits.com and numbers are slightly different.  Per their figures, 1,446 have entered the portal and 395 have committed somewhere as of my last pull.  Here is chart showing the progression.

image.png.ee553339cc6764dd022de746c93a3db7.png

Note that it is not exactly precise as I didn't capture exact date and sometimes verbalcommits does not get the commit info update timely, but about 27% of those entering portal have committed somewhere.