Jump to content
Buffalo Bulls - UB Fan Forum

Transfer Portal


John
 Share

Recommended Posts

Mballa is a good ball player. He will be a good player wherever he ends up, but unfortunately he regressed last year. His ppg and rebounds were down while his turnovers were up. I am still perplexed as per why. I wish nothing but the best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dabulls said:

The players he scored…on paper and recruiting wise actually seemed decent but didn’t pan out. Especially Brewton who was coastals second leading scorer and was receiving praise from Zion Williamson. I like the two transfers we have so far, Powell really took off recruiting wise after his decommit, heard Wichita State was after him hard as well. And Kanye Jones looks promising, new scenery could be beneficial for him. 
however, other MAC teams have been successful in the transfer portal and in hs recruits. At the moment we only have 1 HS commit and haven’t seen any action when it comes to interacting or offering any HS players. 
we still have time to build a team but is disappointing seeing other MAC schools grab great players at a higher rate than u

The team returns 8 PPG this season. It has to be one of the lowest for a non-leaving coach in any team in the top 200. Who they are are returning couldn't see the court over Brock Bertram, Brewton, and Fagan. Guards develop faster than forwards. Kanye is still only coming here as a recruitment to Segu (close from Orlando), who has done more than the coaching staff. 

Even with the slight additions, the team has 10 D1 PPG on the roster and 5 remaining scholarships with the transfer window closing. 

Hoping that in may they grab some high schoolers who others passed on? I have no idea what the strategy is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Erie County said:

The team returns 8 PPG this season. It has to be one of the lowest for a non-leaving coach in any team in the top 200. Who they are are returning couldn't see the court over Brock Bertram, Brewton, and Fagan. Guards develop faster than forwards. Kanye is still only coming here as a recruitment to Segu (close from Orlando), who has done more than the coaching staff. 

Even with the slight additions, the team has 10 D1 PPG on the roster and 5 remaining scholarships with the transfer window closing. 

Hoping that in may they grab some high schoolers who others passed on? I have no idea what the strategy is. 

I'm expecting a down year or possibly a down couple of years, but since 3/4 of the MAC is sub 200, we will probably still be a .500 team. I'm sure the staff has a number of offers, but they spend zero time on social media so it's not always clear who they are targeting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2022 at 6:20 PM, Chet said:

 but they spend zero time on social media 

This is a serious issue. The whole business is shifting into the Social Media world and with all of these transfers we are going to need to step it up on that front. Just look at the difference between our new women's coach vs the men's side. She is all over Twitter and our men's coach hasn't posted in like a year... 

 

Can someone create a look at our roster next year for the Men's team with the new recruits? Like, how many openings do we still have since 90% of our team is gone? It seems very active on the women's side but a bit light on the men's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find it fascinating that just because the coach doesn’t meet you where you choose to hang out automatically means nothing is getting done. Btw - most of the recruits spend a majority of their time on IG and TikTok. Twitter is much more for us old heads 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, clodney said:

Can someone create a look at our roster next year for the Men's team with the new recruits?

image.thumb.png.afc8978bcb2e93410d826915eea8a526.png

My assumptions here are that Yazid Powell will definitely be playing his "COVID year" but he is technically entering his 4th year of eligibility, and that Williamson and Mading will be getting medical redshirts

Edited by trueblue32
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, UBinMD said:

So Bona pays a giant raise to keep their coach, now 4 of their 5 starters are in the portal. Quite an offseason. Sounds like back the ma middle of the pack program.

We aren’t the only ones being gutted, transfer portal rules and the NIL are going to hurt mid majors. On the flip side we will see power school players transfer down for more playing time and JUCO players are always there. It’s a free for all out there

Edited by Dabulls
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DaBulls99 said:

I find it fascinating that just because the coach doesn’t meet you where you choose to hang out automatically means nothing is getting done. Btw - most of the recruits spend a majority of their time on IG and TikTok. Twitter is much more for us old heads 

Nobody said anything about "nothing getting done". We're saying our coaching staff has no obvious presence in social media and that includes Instagram (unsure about TikTok). Our IG account has 843 followers vs Ohio (9,176), Akron (6,963), and even EMU (4,092). If you would like to provide facts that show otherwise, please do so instead of just complaining about our view. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, clodney said:

Nobody said anything about "nothing getting done". We're saying our coaching staff has no obvious presence in social media and that includes Instagram (unsure about TikTok). Our IG account has 843 followers vs Ohio (9,176), Akron (6,963), and even EMU (4,092). If you would like to provide facts that show otherwise, please do so instead of just complaining about our view. 

I agree that we need to enhance our presence on social media, be more visible in our recruiting efforts, etc. But the men's hoops IG account has 3,364 followers, not sure where 843 came from. Still should be better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MuchMany said:

I agree that we need to enhance our presence on social media, be more visible in our recruiting efforts, etc. But the men's hoops IG account has 3,364 followers, not sure where 843 came from. Still should be better.

I believe the NCAA is already looking at what is going on at Miami.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BrooklynBull said:

I believe the NCAA is already looking at what is going on at Miami.

?? That's nice, I have no doubt that the NCAA is constantly monitoring it's pocketbooks, but I didn't say anything about Miami. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MuchMany said:

I agree that we need to enhance our presence on social media, be more visible in our recruiting efforts, etc. But the men's hoops IG account has 3,364 followers, not sure where 843 came from. Still should be better.

My fault! I was on the wrong one that had "Buffalo" instead of "UB". Still, how are we behind EMU and like 1/3rd of Ohio? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DooleyBull06 said:

I somehow wonder if the NCAA even had a clue that the NIL would turn out to be like this. I guess another case of the NCAA not having a clue of what this is all about. Another case of all the millionaires really only caring about their fortunes. Unless someone comes up with an intelligent and common sense answer college sports will go the way of pro sports. Fortunes to be made and no middle ground when it comes to the fan who does not have the money to attend events or buy merchandise. They will alienate the may fans like our family and will lose younger fans from families that will not follow or support sports teams. We will find better avenues for our money and entertainment. Again there will be many that will continue to follow and support sports but there will be many of us that will be lost for the rest of our lifetimes. Just a sad commentary in the life of what sports have become.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Problem is “The NCAA” is an association. Collectively the schools make the rules. They don’t have a commissioner or similar type person tasked with making and enforcing the rules for the good of the whole. A lot of people get pissed at the NCAA as if they are tasked with making the rules, but that’s not how it works….tragically. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, rma said:

ongoing.gif

2 years in and the implosion is already underway. If anyone thought this was NOT going to happen is very naive. It happen a it quicker than I thought to get to this point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...